Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array

Buying a civic 1994 vti as first car

Hi all,

I just inspected a civic 94 vti today. The car is quite good and reasonably in good condition against its age. The only thing does concern me is after a few test drive, I found some water coolant coming out just under the bonnet... It might be a problem with water pump or else, and the dealer promised to fix it when I come back to take the car.

Just wondering is it possible that the dealer somehow put too much coolant during maintenance for RWC and caused that to happen (according to their excuse)? They also throw in a 1 year warranty for important parts (engine, transmissions, etc) and 3 months statutory warranty for the water pump fixed as well.

So my question is if things are fine, is that car worth taking? In the worst case, how much it will cost me to fix by my own mechanics? Thanks in advance.

Oh sorry forgot to mention: It got 136.000 kms mileage, selling from dealer for 4700 drive away included RWC.
    Last edited by kitkat; 20-05-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Hi all,

I just inspected a civic 94 vti today. The car is quite good and reasonably in good condition against its age. The only thing does concern me is after a few test drive, I found some water coolant coming out just under the bonnet... It might be a problem with water pump or else, and the dealer promised to fix it when I come back to take the car.

Just wondering is it possible that the dealer somehow put too much coolant during maintenance for RWC and caused that to happen (according to their excuse)? They also throw in a 1 year warranty for important parts (engine, transmissions, etc) and 3 months statutory warranty for the water pump fixed as well.

So my question is if things are fine, is that car worth taking? In the worst case, how much it will cost me to fix by my own mechanics? Thanks in advance.
    how would anyone can guess if its worth it or not when there is no dolan figure
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Hi all,

Dumb question but was the A/C on?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    wow pretty low Km

but 4700 too much for eg

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Dumb question but was the A/C on?
    Sorry this is my first car, and I got no prior experience with car .... Can you be more specific?

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    wow pretty low Km

but 4700 too much for eg
    You reckon? My friend bought an Accord 1995 already done 250.000 kms with the price $4500 from dealer, so I just thought my case is a little bit higher due to low kms (if they are genuine).

What I concern is the water pump, is it serious?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    We dont know its waterpump

didnt you ask the dealer what they think is the water coming from?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    You reckon? My friend bought an Accord 1995 already done 250.000 kms with the price $4500 from dealer, so I just thought my case is a little bit higher due to low kms (if they are genuine)?

What I concern is the water pump, is it serious?
    its probably leaky radiator or faulty thermostat cap
    if your water pump fails, it overheats
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    We dont know its waterpump

didnt you ask the dealer what they think is the water coming from?
    I did, and they said its probably just some leftover coolant when they over fill.

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    its probably leaky radiator or faulty thermostat cap
    if your water pump fails, it overheats
    I took it for a spin around 10-15 mins to check any oil leaking but it was fine except that coolant. In that case, are leaky radiator or faulty thermostat cap easy to fix for this model? They said they going to fix it when I come back but Im not that certain.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    You could pay mocchi to go and look at it for ya

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    I did, and they said its probably just some leftover coolant when they over fill.

I took it for a spin around 10-15 mins to check any oil leaking but it was fine except that coolant. In that case, are leaky radiator or faulty thermostat cap easy to fix for this model? They said they going to fix it when I come back but Im not that certain.
    yh easy fix.
    S P A M | W O R K S

wow pretty low Km

but 4700 too much for eg
    20 year old car... fukin money pit m8

negotiate down to 3.5k, assuming paint schmick
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly