Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Now you guys really worrying me...

The thing is I stupidly deposited that car and suppose to pick it up on Thursday. This time I will come with my mechanic to check it out closer. If things go south, do I have a choice of returning the car and take back my deposit?

Buying old car is really frustrating I can tell you, especially when the buyer got no experience

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    hopefully its in good shape.
    and nope gennerally the deposit is non-refundable but if there are problems your used car warranty should cover any serious problems

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Just to let you know my experience. I had a 94 vti last year. 180xxx

Engine was bulletproof, didn't burn a drop of oil. 210psi on all 4 cylinders. but being an old car, everything else fks up. most bushes were showing wear. Replaced cracked RTA bushes, clutch pressure plate shagged, clutch slave died, dizzy ICM, brake prop valve leak, cam crankshaft seal leak, vtec solenoid, steering rack boots and a few other things.

A lot of the things that went wrong left me stranded, and i had to leave the car there and come back to fix it or have it towed. i wouldn't recommend buying a car like this unless you can afford to have your car off the road. and it's not like you're getting it for a steal either... cost adds up quickly, as does frustration

This. You spend all your life and money fixing all the thousands of little things that wear out or break. And if you're like me, you're never happy with stock replacement and always buy racecar parts.....

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I agree with Daveho's comment OP. 3k max for a stock civic and it has to be clean. From what your saying so far. Becareful i would say. thats alot of mulla for a D series. I bought my em1 2 weeks ago for 3.9 lol. The motor is aokay but the body required TLC.

Just make sure the chassis is straight with no welds. Then your sweet. B series motors these days could be found for a bargain. Specially some poor blokes unfinished project. You could do the majority of works watching youtube videos as long as you have a balls lol, and the swap over parts come in user firendly DIY.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    its a hard one cause it depends where u live aswell, one of the techs in the shop next to mine paid 800 for an ek1 and a buddy of mine got an eg 5 for less then that. but here in canberra ppl dont really know honda all that well

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94' EG4
    Just as a guide OP, I payed $2000 for an EG perfect condition with 174 XXXks on the clock, still doing me fine.
    Just glad that you are choosing a VTI, the d15b7 is a little underpowered, also no vtec makes me sad.
    Goodluck with purchase.

I'll also add that it is also my first car, and fun as hell to drive
    Last edited by Intel; 23-08-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ditch the EG and buy yourself a decent 03-04 GD3 Jazz mate.. if your lucky you can pick one up VTiS model for that price $4700 (srs low ballin). The jazz are reliable, 5.2ltr/100klms (bone stock) and do offer some serious power for a 1.5L VTEC. Its a zippy lil car that you can basically park it anywhere that tickles your willy.

Its chain driven (so not too heavy on major servicing) and you can drop in a K20/24 turbo down the path :P

Puurrfect for your first car!
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    threads a few months old...

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ^^ IKR - intel woke it from the dead
    RB1-ODC