Thread: Ash Tray Light

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury

Ash Tray Light

Hey guys,

I removed the trim covering the gear stick, unplugged and removed the ash tray as well as the centre storage bin to install my new Grom audio unit. After putting it all back together, my ash tray light no longer works. The installation of the Grom unit has nothing to do with the light bulb at all, so I can't figure out what's going on with it. The filament inside is still fine.

Any ideas what's going on? Or what bulb it takes? It's not in the manual.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Is the cigarette lighter still working?
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    I don't smoke, but the green ring around that still lights up. When I plug my phone charger in there, that works fine too.

Three possibilites...

1) You've pulled the bulb partially out of its socket and thus, it no longer lights up
    2) You've damaged the bulb and need to replace it (unlikely but easy to do)
    3) The bulb has simply come out of its holder (a small appropriately shaped plastic mount that the bulb mount rotates and locks in...as a result, the light is not shining through the translucent cover....

...my money is on No.3

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ozy944 View Post
    Three possibilites...

1) You've pulled the bulb partially out of its socket and thus, it no longer lights up
    2) You've damaged the bulb and need to replace it (unlikely but easy to do)
    3) The bulb has simply come out of its holder (a small appropriately shaped plastic mount that the bulb mount rotates and locks in...as a result, the light is not shining through the translucent cover....

...my money is on No.3
    Thanks for your reply.
    I made sure the bulb was properly in its socket, so that should've been fine, I might have damaged the bulb, but that seems unlikely seeing as I barely touched it. And the bulb is still attached to the plastic holder. I've tried turning it off and on while the entire ash tray/cigarette lighter was removed (so the wires were showing).
    Perhaps I'll just try changing the bulb. Does anyone know what type of bulb it is? There's nothing about it in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by iRoik View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    I made sure the bulb was properly in its socket, so that should've been fine, I might have damaged the bulb, but that seems unlikely seeing as I barely touched it. And the bulb is still attached to the plastic holder. I've tried turning it off and on while the entire ash tray/cigarette lighter was removed (so the wires were showing).
    Perhaps I'll just try changing the bulb. Does anyone know what type of bulb it is? There's nothing about it in the manual.
    Interesting....are all your fuses ok?

Also the bulb should have a label on either the glass or morelikely the metal part telling you what it is...its ebay from there...

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ozy944 View Post
    Interesting....are all your fuses ok?

Also the bulb should have a label on either the glass or morelikely the metal part telling you what it is...its ebay from there...
    Yeah it is strange. It's not a huge thing seeing as I don't smoke, but sometimes I keep little items in there (I took the metal grill thing out). I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks