Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eg4 brake conversion

Hey guys after hours of searching I've got a couple of questions.
    I've got a eg4 gli and just purchased a rear disk brake setup off an eh sedan.
    Every where I looked everyone recommends an ITR setup.
    Have I wasted $$$ on the wrong setup?

I also want to do the master cylinder, booster and 4040 prop valve
    From what I've read It would be best to get these off either a ITR? or just a normal 90-93 integra vtir? Non-abs

Cheers.
    Last edited by Noisy; 24-05-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    dont worry bout it, everyone goes ITR for the wank factor and it opens up wheel choice truthfully its easy to run itr calipers on a 4 stus
    you will need the master and booster from an eg5, dc2 or if u want a 1" master DC2r.
    prop valve wise you can get it of any dc2, eg and maby ek that is non abs.
    lemme know if u need any more help

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    ITR brake up grade for the wank factor????

so upgrading to a bigger brakes that stops you better is just for show.

nice
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

So in the future if I wish to do a bigger brake upgrade I'll need pull everything out and put a ITR setup in?

Lol, a bit of an ignorant thing to say.

I'm contemplating between the ITR brake set up or something where I can just stay 4 stud but also have good braking power.

ITR brakes are 282mm, easier to find and I would also have the option of having some more wheels as well - even though there are plenty of nice 4x100 wheels.

I'd stay 4 stud if I could find a good set up but atm, I can't so leaning more towards ITR brakes.

Depends what you're after OP. If you just want some a small upgrade on brakes, then just go ahead with the rear disk upgrade. But if you plan to swap engines and require more braking power, maybe you can save up for a bbk or ITR set up.

Edit: Oops, you posted before me.

If you're still running your d series, upgrading to rear disks will be plenty. Just get some good brake pads. Even with a b series, you can run 262mm front brakes with good pads as well. Might help if we know what your goal/plan is.

The car at the moment is a daily driver but have the intension of heading to a couple of track days soon. Hopefully do a B18 conversion some time in the distant future.

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    you haven't wasted your money

if u can do an ITR brake upgrade then Nice - sets you up later if you plan on getting more power Ie. engine swap, bolt on turbo etc.....

staying or getting 4-stud disc all round is still good and plenty for what your doing - just need good pads, and brake fluid

- i watched some old 'best motoring' clips - Seeker eg6 was one of the fastest cars in the touge 200 class - that car was running stock eg6 262mm fr 240mm rear with good pads & disc with a b18cr

No brake probz at all

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by Noisy View Post
    So in the future if I wish to do a bigger brake upgrade I'll need pull everything out and put a ITR setup in?
    yes, because ITR is 5 studs

dont forget u can upgrade with BB4 brakes, however its 4x114.3 studs.
    use bb4 prelude brake booster and brake master cylinder, they are 1" too.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Thanks for the info guys have been a massive help.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    itr on a 98 spec has larger rear discs.

thats why its better, i got a set off a DC2.
    pm me if u want help as i just did it recently and have a few tips for you if you need.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    im not saying that bigger brakes is for the wank factor im saying that going spacificly ITR is, as the 282mm set up can be had for much cheaper.by using just the calipers (several hondas use the same calipers as the ITR) and mini cooper s rotors (which are cheaper) over the complete ITR set up.