Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow

Honda Civic EJ8 X-Force Header Review

Honda Civic EJ8 X-Force Header Review
    D16y8 Engine

The following review is purely of my own view

Firstly, Trav thanks for the quick delivery of the header and putting up with me and my antics. Before Opening my latest 'baby' I had some mixed ideas of what this header was going to be like. Alot of people give X-Force a bad name, bad welding, subject to cracking ect. Although the people who tell me this are usually the JDM Whores who have nothing but the best of the best.
    I was very pleased though and quite suprised after opening my package. Lying there was this imaculate header sitting there in all it's Shimmering glory. After a quick inspection of the parts I was quite supprised at the quality. The welds on the out side were mint, everything flowed correctly. On the inside was better, it has recieved a porting job, removing all harsh surfaces from the inside. So build quality gets my .

X-Force Header

Next Stage was to get thing on there. After A quick trip to Repco for some "Maniseal" It was off to my mates house. Jacked it, up removed all bolts and pulled that ugly cast iron POS out.

X-Force Header VS OEM D16y8 Header

I was very happy with how the installation went. It slotted right into place. Non of this "cutting and bending" like some people say you have to. This baby slotted in so good, almost better then OEM . Attached it to the head, then to the CAT, I reset my ECU and it was time to fire this baby up.

EJ8 Coupe, D16y8 Engine Bay

I started it up and suprsingly it wasn't that much louder. I thought to myself what it needed was some "SOHC VTAK POWA" So I went out for a chop in my "back yard". It was very pleased. No longer did my car sound like a fart machine. It had this note to it like a rally car, which just made it sound like it had some balls in it, which it did! I think I might of pulled a few extra Kw. Nm is a bit better to. But this header really shines in VTEC where it pulls alot better. I can't wait to see how it goes when I get my Catback Exhaust in. After my drive I re-checked my engine bay and the header had turned this sexy gold.
    If the Kw gain wasn't much, It definatly feels as if is can rev free-er now. Less "restrcted". Overall Im very Happy.

Overall I rate this mod. 9/10

I Wasn't blown out of my seat with rapid amounts of chassis bending torque. But it was a good bang for buck for only $450.00 to my door step. And now it's a steping stone to other mods to engine which can make use of the better breathing( eg cams, higher Compression).

Thanks again Trav.

Regards Kyle

P.S Can't wait for our clubs drag day :P Ill be representing the D's.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Civic Coupe & 01 200sx
    Nice review.

Damn it, I should have learned not to go to ozhonda forums until I have money to buy stuff. Grrrrrrrrrr! BTW what is maniseal for?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    mang.. ur eng. bay is sooo damn clean

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Kandy
    Mani-seal = manifold seal, LOL
    Basically ensures perfect seal between head and exhaust manifoldmanifold

|N|
    Today I polished the engine bay, and amour-all-ed the black parts

-KB

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    sweet engine bay =P and a nice review

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    kyle that is dope as all hell man, ur ebay is so clean, im so glad ur happy with me, looks better than mine

awesome write up too, xforce is not bad like most ppl crap on about
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Is the rest of your exhaust standard?
    Can you explain the difference in sound (volume and quality)?

I'm looking into putting this header on my D16Y1 EG VTi.
    Cheers.

Btw, nice review.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Apart From Header I have a Cannon Muffler. Before hand it sounded like any car with a cannon. Just fart like noise. But after Header fart noise is lost and it sounds more Sporty. Kinda like how a performence car would sound with it's stock exhaust.

Um in a way, when the cars not under 'load' it sounds quieter, but after you put your foot down. I dunno. LOL It's not raspy, but not V8 like. Its just "brmmmmmmmmmmmmmbrraaakakkkk".

Im going to get a 2" Catback, with 1 resonator this week. Ill let you know how it sounds.

I took a Video Of my tacho yesterday and it recorded sound, I can get the audio off of it and send it to yO.
    Last edited by KB; 28-03-2005 at 05:25 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Latest Engine bay Picture

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    that is one clean engine bay. headers looking good.
    Last edited by Eclipsor; 28-03-2005 at 05:36 PM.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    oooh looking hot
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Cheers