Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Choice

Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    why care what others think of you? its your money, your car, your decision. dont care what others think, just put in an offer, because i always say an offer is better than no offer at all.
    That's it. Worse they can say is no. I have no idea what profits are on new cars I have read anywhere from 5%-20%...depending on model like base mid spec etc.

I agree as well that its my money if they want it they have to do something to get it, they are not doing me a favour. I think there are people that think the salesperson is doing they some favour if they shift the price a bit... make them work for your hard earned I say.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Hey, I think Cruze is good it has 1.6 turbo !!

Quote Originally Posted by zack9 View Post
    That's it. Worse they can say is no. I have no idea what profits are on new cars I have read anywhere from 5%-20%...depending on model like base mid spec etc.

I agree as well that its my money if they want it they have to do something to get it, they are not doing me a favour. I think there are people that think the salesperson is doing they some favour if they shift the price a bit... make them work for your hard earned I say.
    dont think so much about the profits on anything. offer what you deem to be a fair/reasonable price and work it out from there.

ive had people offer me stupid prices on things that i want to sell. im not offended. its a yes/no answer. one guy offered to pay $10 for a $200 solid wood dining table, no point being offended

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Both the old euro cu2 (03-08) and cl9 (08-present) are about 4600mm to 4750mm in length
    Im sure if you can get some with reversing sensors you should be fine
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Both the old euro cu2 (03-08) and cl9 (08-present) are about 4600mm to 4750mm in length
    Im sure if you can get some with reversing sensors you should be fine
    I think you mean 03-08 CL9 & 08-13 CU2 bro lol

For 26K you can get alot of car. Are you specifically looking at buying brand new or are you happy with something that is 3-4 years old?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post

For 26K you can get alot of car. Are you specifically looking at buying brand new or are you happy with something that is 3-4 years old?
    jaja :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post

New, because some bad past experience.

I saw a Civic Sport for $27,990 and emailed the dealer. Told him $25k, not expecting a reply. He called yesterday, couldn't/wouldn't discuss prices over the phone but told me $25k was "close". I will stick to that, if they do the deal great but if not the Mazda 3 Maxx is $24,990 drive away so maybe $23,500. I prefer the Civic Sport but at least the dealer knows I have other options and might be more willing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    My gf has a mazda3 and personally i,m not very happy with it. Hard plastics, stiffer than normal ride and it has been back to mazda 3 or 4 times for power steering issues they will not disclose
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Agree the Mazda is a cheap cabin. And I don't know the mechanics of why it has more power as the Civic & 3 have similar KW & Torque figures.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I would get a nearly new Accord Euro.

Way sportier than the regular Accord,and in a diffirent league to the Civic.

Also WAY WAY WAY better than the 3,CRUZE,AND kIZASHI.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Get a new commodore
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Thanks for the replies. Commodore is too pricey as is Euro.

Looked at a Lancer LX with full leather, camera, heated seats (?), 5 & fixed servicing for $22,500 drive away. OK no class leader but a lot of gear for the price. No 100% on it but it just looks very tempting for that sort of money. Seemed to go fine, just a little noisy but to me not significantly worse than the Civic or Mazda 3.