Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK

hardrace camber kit

Hi All,

I'm planning on getting the hardrace camber kit front and rear for my EK civic. I currently have Buddy Club N+ coilovers installed. Anyone know if I'll have any issues? Read a post where the hardrace front camber kit looks quite long and might reduce the clearance near my coils. Will I have issues? Anyone run this set up?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    No issues man, heaps ppl use em, even me, only down side like all camber kits is how low u plan on going... With hard race u cant go too low, or else u cant access the top bolts for the camber plate in which than u either go higher ride height or take em off to adjust it

but worse....

The problem is if ur part of the stance wank crew...due to excessive and stupid amounts of low, the upper front camber kit will be hitting the shock tower which can cause denting or worse cracking of the shock tower, in which case calls for higher ride height OR modding / re welding the cracks

But all this can be avoided if u run sensible ride height

Hardrace bushes are top, ran em for 1.5 yrs no problems so far, top product!
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    Thanks for the response. How low is too low? I'm max low on the buddy clubs. But it's not that low. Fender sits on top of the tyre, not tucking tyre. Is that ok? How low is yours? Thanks.

Last edited by baethos; 26-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by baethos View Post
    Thanks for the response. How low is too low? I'm max low on the buddy clubs. But it's not that low. Fender sits on top of the tyre, not tucking tyre. Is that ok? How low is yours? Thanks.

hey dude im running same height as u, no defect notice for me lol...

should be fine, but again jus depends how much droop ur suspension will allow for them to access the top camber bolts to move it in place for correct camber settings, last time i done mine, they struggled hard getting to the camber and than needing loosen the bolts for an align properly, but bit of muscle u can still access the bolts ontop.

From what i heard, hardrace is the only proper camber kit, all other are either knocks or too weak, aka Buddy club
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    hardrace have a new design which instead of bolts on the top, there are 6 allen key bolts on the bottom. similar to skunk2 design

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    hardrace have a new design which instead of bolts on the top, there are 6 allen key bolts on the bottom. similar to skunk2 design
    That design is for S2000
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Ah damn. They should do it for all models!

my arms hit the top when going down a bump or something and my car is not even that low (dc2r), only thing i could think of was grid down the sides so it doesnt hit or have to raise the car. With the car lowered its hard to get to the adjusment bolts and can be done with a flex head 17mm spanner. Atm tyre is 1/2 finger gap from guard, looks good but i will raise it to avoid until i grind down the arms a bit or get js racing or nagisa auto arms instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    i believe skunk2 have the adjustment bolts facing downwards making adjustments easier

The only problem i have with any camber kit using hex bolts is how strong are they? comparing the hardrace to skunk2 is like comparing a muscular guy to a skinny dude, not much bulk in the skunk2.

If hardrace come up with a new front camber design that allows for adjustments on the front from the bottom that would be a winner in my book using the same bolts and design.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    Quote Originally Posted by Type FN View Post
    my arms hit the top when going down a bump or something and my car is not even that low (dc2r), only thing i could think of was grid down the sides so it doesnt hit or have to raise the car. With the car lowered its hard to get to the adjusment bolts and can be done with a flex head 17mm spanner. Atm tyre is 1/2 finger gap from guard, looks good but i will raise it to avoid until i grind down the arms a bit or get js racing or nagisa auto arms instead.
    Yeah I heard that when installing some camber kits, you need to bang the inside fender bit to make space for the camber kit. Do people usually do this? I will if it means the camber arms won't hit anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    So...I received my front and rear camber kits this week, going to install it this weekend. Can anyone link to a guide on how to set/adjust camber? Are there any markings on the hardrace camber kit that roughly marks about -1, -2 and -3 degrees? Just so that I have a gauge of how much camber I'm dialing in. Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    There are no markings on the camber arms to say you are @ -1.5degree or -2 etc as camber is affected by your ride height (the lower you go, the more natural negative camber you get) and your wheel specs/guard work may affect as well (again depending on how low you are).

I would leave them as they are out of the box, fit them up and send it straight for a wheel alignment
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8