Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

Rolled my own fenders!

Hey All

Got my self some new wheels and then a guard roller. Rolled and pulled my own guards over the weekend. Actually wasn't as bad as i was expecting it to be. I went a bit aggressive on the pull because it is my daily and didn't want to run a lot of camber.

Wheels and tyres are Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 +45 with 230/40.

I used a dremel to cut off enough of the liner around the guards at the front. Gave it a very good clean. hooked up the guard roller and tried to adjust and see how it was all going to work before i started the roll procedure. This is where i stuffed up. while trying to play around and adjust, i didn't notice how sensitive and brittle the paint was before heating it up. it cracked almost instantly with a tiny bit of pressure.

it took me a while to figure out how hot i could go without damaging the paint and cracked some more. you can actually go pretty damn hot! you know when the heat wave hits and the road is just too hot to touch, like enough to cook an egg on it.? about the same as that. even a little bit more. and then it rolls like a soft tortilla.

The down side about the front fenders on the s2 is the triangular tabs and not an actual whole same size lip all round/like the rears. I should have cut these triangular tabs off and made the lip same all round. the area where the tabs were more reinforced and caused the roll/pull of the fender to look warped. I did go very aggressive though and is the reason why it warped so much, i did it knowingly. If i was to do just the lip and not pull, would have been a lot neater.

For the rear, first thing i did was remove the rubber on the lip and then clean the area all up. the amount of dirt build up due to no liners on the rear was disgusting. covered my brakes with a rag, then soaked the whole inner with WD40, wiped it all off, made sure the lip was clean inside and out.

I trimmed the usual rear bar area where the tyres rub, relocated the bumper tab and then got to the rolling, i stopped the roll at the section on the lip where there is an added layer of metal. i trimmed the rubber piece i took off to fit on the rest of the lip where the roll stopped.

over all, i cracked the paint a lil on the front lip over a silly mistake which pissed me off, but i learnt from it and the rest all came up amazing! especially the rears. were a lot easier because of the consistent lip size.

Last edited by ALPS; 26-05-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Man I feel bad for the next owner now you trashed it

all these stance kids trashing good cars

those wheels are sweet though all the same

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    how did i trash it?

if because fenders look warped, they can be easily replaced. the car is not trashed? my main plan is to have them properly flared once the car goes into the body shop for a nice respray.

But till then, i want low, nice meaty fitment with not much camber. form vs function. not a stance kid trashing good cars.

the car has changed heaps with these wheels and tires. form and function wise

PLUS! there will never be another owner for as far as i'm alive. wont make a mistake like that again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Man I feel bad for the next owner now you trashed it

all these stance kids trashing good cars

those wheels are sweet though all the same
    Last edited by ALPS; 26-05-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Nice wheels man post some pics of them on the car

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Nice work dude! Good on you for giving it a go yourself and learning from your mistakes! Post up some pics!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

Last edited by ALPS; 27-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Looks great!

Did you sacrifice the fender lining?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    I trimmed it . Majority of it is still there. Still firm in place as well. It is mounted very well and a very big piece. Too much work to remove it. And I'd rather still have protection from any dirt etc.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    That's what i was getting it

so not worth having torn up indicator wiring n shit because u want to be more stance|works about it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Yeh well that's if you remove the fender lining. You can come across issues like that. But if you assess the area, analyse it vs your requirements. You just do what you need to make it work.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Nice!! Unfortunately my wheels done this for me already..

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Those wheels look massive and the car looks tiny for some reason?
    OEM parts whore