Thread: DC5 ball joint

DC5 ball joint

Hi guys.

I've got a DC5 (non-R) with a worn passenger side ball joint in the suspension. My mechanic is having trouble finding a replacement ball for it, and honda quotes the whole assembly which is pretty expensive.

Since the type R is a lot more common, I'm wondering whether anyone knows if the ball joint would be the same between the R and non-R versions? Can I just tell the mechanic to get a DC5-R ball joint instead?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by encode View Post
    Hi guys.

I've got a DC5 (non-R) with a worn passenger side ball joint in the suspension. My mechanic is having trouble finding a replacement ball for it, and honda quotes the whole assembly which is pretty expensive.

Since the type R is a lot more common, I'm wondering whether anyone knows if the ball joint would be the same between the R and non-R versions? Can I just tell the mechanic to get a DC5-R ball joint instead?

Cheers!
    If you could confirm the part numbers for the LCA then you'd be able to tell if there the same.
    Speak to Timmy_B, shoot him a PM, he has a base DC5 that he's done quite abit of work to it and he'd be able to give you some better answers on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    If you could confirm the part numbers for the LCA then you'd be able to tell if there the same.
    Speak to Timmy_B, shoot him a PM, he has a base DC5 that he's done quite abit of work to it and he'd be able to give you some better answers on that one!
    Thanks mate.