Thread: air filter...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '96 ek

air filter...

Hey guys just a quick question.. is there ne difference between a k&n pod and a 30 bux pod..?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    K&N have processed many times to test the best performance. Aftermarket pod($30) don't. If you want cheaper pod, you can DIY.

you really do get what you pay for.....this applies to most things in life.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '96 ek
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by civti
    cheers
    Well........ If you really wanna cheap air-filter, try to cut all the paper area of the stock filter and weld a mesh with smallest hole as possible on it, cheap blitz filter........ it gives you the best flow possible but of course it's filtering is bad, i gotta change oil every 3-4k. But anyway it only cost you about $10. Worth a try

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Go the K&N if you can. They are a much better air filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    the difference also is that the k and n is cotton and cleanable so you can re use it for the rest of its life where as the simota or monza pods are paper and are not cleanable so when its dirty you have to piff it and buy another

the flow difference of the two is much better also and the K and N has a 160000 km warranty

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    Are any K&N filters legal for street use? Or are they all illegal cause of the whole 'wet' type thing. If I had just a flat K&N one that sat in where the stock air filter goes, the cops would never expect me to unscrew it for em to have a look would they?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    all K+N filters r 'wet' and r reusable with a million km warrenty and are of the highest level of quality.

simota make 'dry' and 'wet' filters, some r washable and some r not, i have a simota 'wet' filter on my Js atm, when it wheres out ill get a K+N.

monza r ****ed, dont get em.

$60.00 for a universal pod is an ok budget to stick to.

pm me civti if want a filter mate, i sell both types
    oh wrd!