Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array

Defect notice :( , Pls Help

hi, i have a 95 Eg Breeze and just yesterday i got my 17" chromys and last night (friday night) i got pulled over and got a defect notice for my rims and halogen head lights. she threatened me with all these fines and how after i get it cleared if im caught with rims again i'll be copped with a big fine. im gonna get the notice cleared but im not sure if i wanna keep the rims, do they really fine u and stuff if they catch you again or was she bluffing? when they look at your records can they see on the spot that you got a defect notice before? and also CAN I GET engineering certificates for 17s and how much are they normally?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    dude, i had 17's on my 88 hb and now on my eg sedan, been pulled over many times.... never once have they even said anything about them...they must have hated you

You have the worst luck ever.
    That is a load of shid.
    maybe just stear clear of heavily cop populated areas.
    Were you also instigating the response from the cops? Being a smart ass or reving loud prior to the defect etc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    U can get defected as many times as u want, it will always be the same.
    unlucky mate.
    i was gonna get 17's but though against it just for this reason, so i got 15's.... then i went and lowered it .. o well

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    *sniff sniff i smell bacon* damn we hate cops when they pull us over an defect us over the small things on our cars
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    they give you defects because wats on your car is breaking the law

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    sorry to hear mate but i dont think you can get wheel sizes engineered.
    should always just stick to whats on your tyre placard.

sell you wheels and by some 15's..16's even?

Member Array
    Car:
    ekhatch
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    they give you defects because wats on your car is breaking the law
    true..!!!

and they do keep a record of your previous offences....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda Accord
    nah you can engineer everything man, prolly set you back about $400/$500 for the first time then around $40/$50 to add any further modifications. Don't settle for 15's or 16's thats tiny..... Ps i got 18's on my accord they are standard 15's and i've never had trouble but i'm gonna get them engineered when i engineer my air suspension
    cheers mate

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacKEGPedroew
    You have the worst luck ever.
    That is a load of shid.
    maybe just stear clear of heavily cop populated areas.
    Were you also instigating the response from the cops? Being a smart ass or reving loud prior to the defect etc etc
    hmm, i was on my best behaviour , the coppa was a blonde mean machine the other cops were tellin her to let it go but it looked like she had a thing against people wit dark hair (some arab guy probaly nailed her and never called her bak) but she saw 2 tiny blue dots on my head lights from far away when they were doing RBT and initially started saying shid bout my halogen lights and she searched the whole car for defects and stuff but found onli rims and lights and at the end didnt even breath test me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    Quote Originally Posted by YBQ13T
    nah you can engineer everything man, prolly set you back about $400/$500 for the first time then around $40/$50 to add any further modifications. Don't settle for 15's or 16's thats tiny..... Ps i got 18's on my accord they are standard 15's and i've never had trouble but i'm gonna get them engineered when i engineer my air suspension
    cheers mate
    no sarcasm intended, but how do you engineer big wheels?

Member Array
    Car:
    88 civic
    Mj3610

With ur rim size your allowed 2" above from the Stock rim size that the car was brought out with, so say ur car har Stock 15" rims you can go up to 17" say ur car had 17" rims(which i doubt it very much) u can go up to 19"

But for civics it would or something like 13" or 15" originals...

thats the leagall way about things So find out the original and then u can be sure....

hope that helps.
    selling ED 88 Civic & 93 civic half cut
    -----------------------------------