Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    ditch the chrome and get something else. chrome attracts unwanted attention. i've got black rims and a cop said to me that my rims dont look over-sized. i was stoked!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    ive got 17inch gunmetal wheels on my crx, have been pulled over many times for RBTs and they looked at the wheels and said nothing. They are obviously bigger than stock but no word was ever said about them.

Maybe cos the rest of the car looks fairly stock - don't know. But yes - Chrome and Bodykits attract attention right away. Im still going to find out how my car goes after the kit is on.

In my opinion get some 17s but keep them like a normal colour - not chrome... closest thing to Chrome is Shadow Chrome - I don't think they are as eye catchy as full chrome.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    evryone get chome 17's, so then ull all be slowed down and i can fly past with my 15's

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    LOL u'll still b slower then me even if i had 18's :P
    MR HONDA
    honda parts garage sale has arrived ....check out the parts for sale thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-must-go-ASAP

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET
    LOL u'll still b slower then me even if i had 18's :P
    yea.. i saw taht thing u have under ur bonnet

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by |N|
    yea.. i saw taht thing u have under ur bonnet
    hahaha, its not exactly normal is it?!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Muckafutha
    No offense to other normal girls but i think female cops are bitches. I was pulled over once and the guy cop wanted to give me just a ride height defect...the female bitch cop partner insisted she wanted me off the road...just wanted me to pay extra to get a tow truck. sorry to generalise but fug all traffic cops and cops who abuse their power and cops who cover for other cops so basically all cops..even good ones
    i got everything cleared (thanks to my mechanic) with no costs, and i got pulled over again on sat night and the cop had a look at my rims, i wanna quote this is exactly what he said to me after he breath tested me, 'nice rims, you take it easy mate'. female cops rrrrrr bitches, they think they're stopping crime by acting like rambos and handing out defect notices.

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    ssiiicckkuunntttbbbbrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

ALL SORTED

lol told ya its nuffin 2 worry bout
    MR HONDA

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    Quote Originally Posted by q_ball
    hahaha, its not exactly normal is it?!

sssshhhhhhhhh

MR HONDA

girl cop???

Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    hi, i have a 95 Eg Breeze and just yesterday i got my 17" chromys and last night (friday night) i got pulled over and got a defect notice for my rims and halogen head lights. she threatened me with all these fines and how after i get it cleared if im caught with rims again i'll be copped with a big fine. im gonna get the notice cleared but im not sure if i wanna keep the rims, do they really fine u and stuff if they catch you again or was she bluffing? when they look at your records can they see on the spot that you got a defect notice before? and also CAN I GET engineering certificates for 17s and how much are they normally?
    never had a girl cop defect me, but tell her its my bday party soon and i would love her to come hand cuff me LOL as for the mod's ring the RTA and they can send u out info on what u can do legally to your car and what requires a engineers certificate also they can send u out info on the local engineer's. You will be suprised, I used to have 18 inch wheels on my old ls integra and was defected for them. The reason being they where bigger then one inch in diameter, This is false! You are allowed (according to the rta print out i recieved) to have one inch or two cant rember hehehe bigger wheel and tyre combo, not just rim size as i was told by Mr no it all cop. So when i measured my stock wheel and tyre diameter and compared it to my 18 inch wheel with 30 series profile it was Exactly the same Thats right Untouchable .....

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by get1
    never had a girl cop defect me, but tell her its my bday party soon and i would love her to come hand cuff me LOL as for the mod's ring the RTA and they can send u out info on what u can do legally to your car and what requires a engineers certificate also they can send u out info on the local engineer's. You will be suprised, I used to have 18 inch wheels on my old ls integra and was defected for them. The reason being they where bigger then one inch in diameter, This is false! You are allowed (according to the rta print out i recieved) to have one inch or two cant rember hehehe bigger wheel and tyre combo, not just rim size as i was told by Mr no it all cop. So when i measured my stock wheel and tyre diameter and compared it to my 18 inch wheel with 30 series profile it was Exactly the same Thats right Untouchable .....
    i got serious 35 tyres on the rims and i put it on top of the stock rims and they're both exact same size so the rolling diameter is exactly the same, so legally the cops cant defect me, BUT , the cops dont give a shid if they wnna defect me they'll just say we need proof and they'll defect me anyway, so we're both NOT untouchable if the coppa decides to be a pig theres no stopping him/her ('her' mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    abuse power? if your car is not roadworthy it should not be on the road!
    it is nobodys but your own fault if you choose to do the wrong thing and get caught
    are u a cop? some cops have no idea wat a defective vehicle is. my frens stock lexus was given a defect. wat do u do in those cases? u still need to do a rwc just to clear it and the mechanic finds nothing wrong whose fault is it? there are thousands of cars which are not roadworthy...like bombs why dont they take those cars off the road. If u buy a house u can renovate it so why cant u do it to your car. dont tell me im doing anything wrong. I dont drive like a madman and bang down other road users. I just like to make my car look nice.