Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    no longer drive one. :-(
    i had 17" on my EG and got pulled once for them.
    I had 205/17/40 on them and when i went to the RTA he said i should have 45 on them and it wouldn't be a problem...

But he was an old dude and really cool.....But i do live in a small town and i was done in Wollongong.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo
    shit boxes with wheels falling off and indicators not working don't get defected, somebody who cares about their car enough to put extra money into it isn't going to have these problems, so what the police do? Pull us over, defect us and look for "problems" that make no difference to anything. I've seen crashes caused by cars not having proper indicators and lights, I've seen so many hubcaps go flying off in traffic, causing people to swerve into other lanes to save their paintwork, slow down suddenly or plow straight through them spraying plastic and metal at oncoming vehicles... I've never seen anybody get defected for having a loose hubcap, seems to cause more problems then "those damn kids with their big rims".

I know just what u guys are on about, one day i rounded the roundabout near where i live (probably a BIT too fast, there was no screeching but still, fast ) and there was a RBT set up.. so i pull in, this was in my old 89 Skyline (fitted fart can ). i had a female cop breathtesting me, and 2 males behind the car. they had both lanes closed, and when i stopped, one of the cops said "nice indicating mate" i was like lol then i just started talkin to the female RBT-er.. she was like "oh yeah hows ur day" all cool, the cop that made the wise ass comment was lookin at my exhaust sayin shit like "oh yeah i've got one of these at home". He's on his hands and knees bein a McWanker. i was tryin not to piss myself.. the other male cop (husband of someone who i used to work with, and regular customer at where i then worked) walks up to me and goes " oh my mate wants to give u a defect notice for your exhaust tip, but cos i know ur a nice bloke i told him to cool it" i had that thing tested just to be sure, 87 decibels MAX.. i was like GIIIT FAAAARKED.. cops are just assholes.. its as simple as that. power to their head and they think they can do anything. Simple explanation = Wrong place, Wrong time, Wrong cop.

Hully

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Muckafutha
    are u a cop? some cops have no idea wat a defective vehicle is. my frens stock lexus was given a defect. wat do u do in those cases? u still need to do a rwc just to clear it and the mechanic finds nothing wrong whose fault is it? there are thousands of cars which are not roadworthy...like bombs why dont they take those cars off the road. If u buy a house u can renovate it so why cant u do it to your car. dont tell me im doing anything wrong. I dont drive like a madman and bang down other road users. I just like to make my car look nice.
    yeah i am a cop, watch out punk
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    is this still going!!
    geeeez
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    You can go +2 inches. Get rid of the 17s - you CAN'T get them engineered. The cops will want to see the tyre placard inside your door to ensure that you are withing the +2 range - you can get into a shit load of trouble for removing that sticker and lying about wheel sizes.

Sell the 17s and put on 15s (assuming that the Breeze ran 13s to start).

Alternatively, sell the breeze - it's a sow's ear that will never be a silk purse.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    You can go +2 inches.
    thats what most ppl think.... including most cops
    however if u read the rules

Quote Originally Posted by aimre
    ok to clear a few things UP:

If u have a engineering cert if the cop want to be a bastard he defect u N E WAY!

Also, there is NO LIMIT to how large ur wheels are SO LONG AS:
    THE ROLLING DIAMETER (thats with wheels) doesnt exceed +- 15mm of orriginal
    AND
    on a FWD car (which we all are) the width of the tire must NOT EXCEED 26mm (approx 1 inch) larger than the OPTIONAL wheel offered by manufacturer for that vehicle (eg car came with 14 x 5 but option of 15 x 6 then u can get 16 x 7 of 17 x 7)

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...vsi09_rev4.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    as posted earlier the regulations on replacement rims in VICTORIA are:

- must not be more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manafacturer for that model or model series.

- must not be less than the width or the narrowest rims specified by the vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series.

- the overall diameter of any replacement rim and tire must not be more than 15mm less than the smallest diameter tyre specified by vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series

- the overall diameter of any replacement rim and tire must not be more than 15mm greater than the largest diameter tyre specified by vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series

i cant be bothered typing out the rest but you can find it here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/vsi%208.pdf

if you have any queries on the legality of your car i suggest search your states rta website or give them a call.

i dont think anything more needs to be said on this other than YOU GUYS ARE FARKED
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    89 Prelude
    guys.. the limit is 1 inch bigger.. and when you get your car engineered its not the size that matter.. its the width. the clearance between your car and the inside of your wheel is what needs to be engineered, but coppers dont know that. they are completely oblivious to the rules because if u line up 17inch rims with stock wheels and tyres they're almost exactly the same height, and thats what the police bitch about, thinking it screws with your speedometer. but yeah.. when you get them engineered they will only probably roll your guards and saw off a chunk off the inside of the chassi to better clear the width of the rim. and no, if you get busted 100 times with the same rims they cant do anything other than what they've already done. ive copped 7 defects and each time my rims were included. bastards.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    I'd also like to point this out for the hard of sight in victoria

must not be more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manafacturer for that model or model series.
    Which means if the top model civic came out with 5.5inch and your model only has 4 inch, the widdest you can go is 6.5 NOT 5inch because the vehicle is within that "model series"

Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    yeah i am a cop, watch out punk
    see what i mean about abuse of power