Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vibe 2012

Post 2012 Jazz Vibe Rattling Noise

Hey Guys, i'm from australia and about a year ago I bought myself a Jazz Vibe. It's a 2012 Jazz Vibe brand new that i got and about 3 months ago it started having rattling noises inside every now and then. I could have the music up loud of course and not notice the sound, but thats not my concern. The problem is i've forked out $20K AUS for this brand new little car and it hasn't even been a year and it's started rattling inside.

The noise doesn't happen ALL the time, it will happen every now and then out of the blue. I could be turning a corner and it could be heard, or i could be driving on a smooth flat surface and hear it. It lives an easy life of driving 35k's to and from work everyday and has just done abit over 15,000k's.

I've spoken to HONDA Australia and they have given me the final response that I am to settle it with the dealership and they will determine the problem. I've been to the dealership twice to have it looked at and they 'VISUALLY' inspect it and say they can't hear it or they can't help. It is being taken in for the very last time before i escalate the situation to Department of Fair Trading for help.

However, as it is being booked in to be looked at tomorrow they have told me the dealer may charge me a labor rate of $160AUS per/hour. The Warranty manual states clearly that 'Squeaks and rattles are covered in the first month from purchase' and i personally think this is a joke.http://static2.ozhonda.com/forum/ima...humbs_down.gif

Can anyone help me out ? Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Get dealer to fix. If they charge. Pay for it and go to dept of fair trading or small claims court and get your mullah back.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vibe 2012
    Cheers for the tip mate. Just afraid they'll blame it on wear and tear instead of manufacturers fault.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vibe 2012
    Ok, Have got the jazz all fixed by the dealer now. Was not charged a cent as they said it was their fault

The problem(previously suggested by a 2nd year apprentice who got sent off to WA) was a loose reverse sensor control box, which was a optional extra that was fitted at the time of purchase from Honda which had come loose. They said that the box was loose and now it has been repositioned and insulated so that it does not come loose again(hopefully).

Thanks to all who comment ! =]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vibe 2012
    FML. the sound came back again. I guess it's time to make another trip to Honda.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Vibe-S & EG9
    Could it be the rear seat latch, you know the one you undo to fold the seats down, I had that in my MY12 Vibe S. Common issue apparently, free fix by the dealer. They just wrapped some cloth tape around the catch, not sure if that is what I would term a 'quality fix' but it's done the job.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vibe 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EG9 View Post
    Could it be the rear seat latch, you know the one you undo to fold the seats down, I had that in my MY12 Vibe S. Common issue apparently, free fix by the dealer. They just wrapped some cloth tape around the catch, not sure if that is what I would term a 'quality fix' but it's done the job.
    have checked all the seats and you can hear the sound in the back even when theres 2 people on the back seat. Also did the rear boot lid latch with some tape on the U-hook but no luck, still a rattle. =(