Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Byebye CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    i waited and picked up a 06 cl9 with 40,xxxks for 14k
    so 120,xxxks or what ever that one was seems abit high no?
    Last edited by DA9-47; 29-05-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9-47 View Post
    i waited and picked up a 06 cl9 with 40,xxxks for 14k
    so 120,xxxks or what ever that one was seems abit high no?
    standard (on the high end of it) mileage for the year

and it's a navigation model.

120,000 k also means all the major servicing had been done (id hope).

Considering the problem with your 06 you may got a model that had it's cluster replaced... or not serviced properly
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-05-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    standard (on the high end of it) mileage for the year

and it's a navigation model.

120,000 k also means all the major servicing had been done (id hope).

Considering the problem with your 06 you may got a model that had it's cluster replaced... or not serviced properly
    Problem? I got no problem with mine what's so ever

Mine has a full service history and I know the Honda mech that serviced it from new
    So yeah 40,xxxks all original and I'm not worried about the major services , least ill know it was done right, and I got a shit load of driving to do till I get to 120,xxxks lol
    That's just me I prefer a car with low mileage
    People are different tho

That hurts my eyes reading that OP I'm sorry to hear it.

Stay safe OP.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9-47 View Post
    Problem? I got no problem with mine what's so ever
    oops i got you and OP mixed up
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Try find another Euro,stay away from that Golf...you are really looking for trouble with one of those

Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Try find another Euro,stay away from that Golf...you are really looking for trouble with one of those
    What he said: http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/i...531-2nfs9.html

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    gOLFS HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ENGINE FAILIURES WITH THE 118 tsi Engine,DSG failiures,cars loosing complete power,and rattles galore.

wHY would anyone in their right minds choose one over an Euro ???

Or even over a Corolla or Mazda.........

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    gOLFS HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ENGINE FAILIURES WITH THE 118 tsi Engine,DSG failiures,cars loosing complete power,and rattles galore.

wHY would anyone in their right minds choose one over an Euro ???

Or even over a Corolla or Mazda.........
    Because GTi

Because at least they are tryin instead of flogging of decade old engines as "new".

Something Honda forgot how to make, excitement and innovative engineering.

Remember Honda still holds the transmission recall world record
    Last edited by Fredoops; 31-05-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Honda might be repackaging decade old technology but at least they're satisfying their target market here in Australia: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...128-2ad12.html

But what's up with Volkswagen's positioning.... maybe some closed ears regarding concerns about their avantgarde, innovative technology.

EDIT:

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/g...531-2nhgu.html - Can't even make a manual...
    Last edited by I CU2; 01-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.

I don't think any of you can judge how much ready I am to jump into another Accord euro or Civic Hatch. Any time of the day I say. So no, don't question my fanboyism for Honda.

However, being very curiously minded myself I'm pretty keen on the TSI 90 engine they've got, you know the 1.4L turbo charge engine that can deliver 90Kw and 200Nm torque between 1500-4000 rpm.

Where Honda engine is fine but you dont get all that torque cl9 218Nm until you hit 4500rpm, how often does one drive in that range ?

And I don't really do much spirit driving so I think the VW engine would suit me really well

Before any of you say TSI 118 is blowing up left right and Center, why I still go for a VW, I am simply avoid that specific engine and go for the next one down. My guess is the 1.4L engine is too little to be push by twin turbo all the time. Hence they blown up often?

Other than that

I actually going to pick up a TSI 90 Trend-line next week . I think it is a good deal because I am gonna be the second owner, she only did 15k km, perfect log book and receipt for service from dealer. For $18k I am getting a near new car, no warranty left so I can service it myself or at least learn to. 5 stars safety rating , cruise control, steering wheel mount multi control and they sum up plenty much of what I need in a city car.

Touch wood I hope this would last me a long time.
    Last edited by someon3; 01-06-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Honda might be repackaging decade old technology but at least they're satisfying their target market here in Australia: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...128-2ad12.html

But what's up with Volkswagen's positioning.... maybe some closed ears regarding concerns about their avantgarde, innovative technology.

EDIT:

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/g...531-2nhgu.html - Can't even make a manual...
    , Just read the article after I post