Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

lowering a del sol?

hey guys, me and my mate bought a del sol as a project car and one of the first mods that we want to do is lowering it. for now the car is being used as a daily until we both have enough funds to properly mod it and take it to the tracks etc. im fairly sure that the car is running std shocks and springs atm, but we were thinking of lowering it with just a set of king springs for nowdel . any advice on this???

Member Array
    Car:
    97 ek4r
    Kings springs super low should be alright for daily.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    king springs will not only take your standard shocks out of their proper operating range of movement, but will cause them to die in due course. it can happen in a matter or weeks or months depending on the condition of the shocks.

my car had king springs and standard shocks on it when I bought it, it felt terrible, I changed it immediately.

if you are going to buy springs that take you lower than about 1" you should really buy lowered shocks to match. (KYB, MonroeGT, Koni, Skunk2, etc.)
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    if youre going to track it down the path, get coils. do it once do it right

keep it viet keep it jdm
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.