Ground control coilover sleeves not low enough

Hi guys my friend has Ground Control Coilover sleeves (the standard rates) with KYB AGX's and he's at the lowest point and is not satisfied with his height, and since he doesn't have an ozhonda account i thought i'd be nice and help him out by posting this thread. His put the springs and sleeves on the right way (assuming the longer thicker springs/shorter sleeve belong at the front and shorter springs/longer sleeve belongs at the back)
    Thanks

What springs ? The standard red short coils or something else?
    Do they look like these ?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SKUNK2-Ci...-/370318876940

Your friend might have some sort of progressive rate springs ( OEM or OEM lowering springs)

Yeah he bought the short coils
    well infact he bought these ones

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4530-01-G...item35c4296e99

they come with off the shelf rates which are i think 340lbs front and 270lbs rears.

Strange. Perhaps the coil thread is sitting on or above the standard perch ?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    at the lowest point they are 3.5" lower than stock

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Strange. Perhaps the coil thread is sitting on or above the standard perch ?
    Yes like you know how ordinary springs sit all the way at bottom? With the sleeves they stop at a certain point (which is about 3-5cm from the botton). Is it normally meant to sit like this? Can we just sit the springs in since he wants more low? I'm so tempted to do this for him lol. This is happening to the front only as the rears slide all the way to the bottom (where the normal lowering spring sits) , the rears are fine and he is satisfied with the drop at the rears since he normally has people in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    at the lowest point they are 3.5" lower than stock
    And yes he wants more low and i dont think it is 3.5" drop, well the rears look like a 3.5" drop but since the fronts stops at a certain point unlike the rears (which slide all the way down) the front is abit higher then the rears.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Breeze
    I havent used those coilovers yet but some coilovers just dont go THAT low. Most entry level coils are like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    I would suggest getting some extended top hats.
    They will allow more shock piston travel and also gain some clearance from the bumpstop.
    This should allow you to go lower without the chance of bottoming out. (if that is what he is worried about)