Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro.

Properly Changing Tranny Oil

Hey i have an 05 auto euro. recently bought it on 133000km, i dont know waht the previous owner used for the transmission oil, but id imagine they used Honda ATF. Now im thinking about changing to Redline D4 as some has suggested on the forum, but im just wondering would i have to do a 3x3 flush to completely get rid of old oil? as my tranny also rattles pretty bad at 1400-1500RPM when going up hill.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    If you are wanting to do the fluid
    change it
    Drive around for a bit to engage all the gears and make sure the torque converter looks up
    Change oil
    repeat drive around
    change oil
    repeat drive around

You'll need at least 12 litres of Honda ATF DW-1
    And it retails for $75 for 4 litres
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Tranny lol !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I did a 3x3 drain/flush and try to change it right after you get back from the drive while everything is still warm, flows much better. Basic stuff I know but I was a beginner too. Just avoid draining it all over your face while you're under the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I would use Penrite ATFMHP instead of the redline or OEM. At $40 for 4L it is a cheaper and better quality option
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Softcox View Post
    I did a 3x3 drain/flush and try to change it right after you get back from the drive while everything is still warm, flows much better. Basic stuff I know but I was a beginner too. Just avoid draining it all over your face while you're under the car.
    Yeah...

Imagine getting a facial from the tranny... not good, not good at all.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Hey he might be into that sort of thing, you never know.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Yeah...

this reminded me of the hangover part 2.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by k20laz View Post
    Hey i have an 05 auto euro. recently bought it on 133000km, i dont know waht the previous owner used for the transmission oil, but id imagine they used Honda ATF. Now im thinking about changing to Redline D4 as some has suggested on the forum, but im just wondering would i have to do a 3x3 flush to completely get rid of old oil? as my tranny also rattles pretty bad at 1400-1500RPM when going up hill.

My 04 model also had the shudder at about 1400rpm (it has 115,000kms) and I was pretty sure the trans fluid had never been changed as it smelt a bit on the stick. In the last week I did a 4 x flush with genuine Honda ATF as recommended by my mechanic. Its a very easy home garage job, the hardest part is taking that annoying splash guard off as it has quite a number of plastic clips.

I believe 3 x flush is sufficient and I felt the shudder at low revs had gone after 3x fill of new fluid. I did it 4 times as I had enough new fluid left over for a fourth flush. I will now do 1 flush every 20,000kms to keep the transmission in smooth order.

- Keep re-using the old washer until you put your final fill in. Then seal with the new crusher washer which is a bit larger in diameter than the oil sump washer.
    - Keep the splash guard off the car until you have done your final fill.
    - Drive the car around after each fill to get the old and new oil mixed (I did about 30kms after each fill) and make sure you get upto highway speeds.
    - Because the drain plug is on the side of the sump rather than the rear, I found that draining the old oil whilst the car was level got the most out.
    - Torque setting for the Trans oil sump plug is 36 foot pounds. Fill 2.8litres of trans oil after the drain.

The 1400 rpm shudder I was experiencing has now been eliminated.
    Last edited by TR541; 07-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just need to keep an eye out for sales on ATF.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Penrites 40 bucks for 4 liters f their Multi vehicle atf
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    What about for the manual trans?