Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Penrites 40 bucks for 4 liters f their Multi vehicle atf
    As good as D4?

Quote Originally Posted by d1zzo View Post
    What about for the manual trans?
    Manual trans is a lot harder. And usually last a lot longer than ATF. With manual trans, you usually have a plug on the side of the transmission. You would loosen it slow, and if oil comes out, then it's fine, if nothing comes out, then you need to add more oil. To actually flush it though, you would need a proper kit for that.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    As good as D4?
    I cant see how it can be worse.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Manual trans is a lot harder. And usually last a lot longer than ATF. With manual trans, you usually have a plug on the side of the transmission. You would loosen it slow, and if oil comes out, then it's fine, if nothing comes out, then you need to add more oil. To actually flush it though, you would need a proper kit for that.
    There are 2 plus on the side for the manual. Bottom one to drain, top one to fill. Need to use a funnel and hose. Otherwise you can get those giant syringe thingies from repco to fill the tranny.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Penrites 40 bucks for 4 liters f their Multi vehicle atf
    I have been using it many Accord Euro's and it is working perfectly. If you check what specs it meets, it meets all the Honda specs
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I have been using it many Accord Euro's and it is working perfectly. If you check what specs it meets, it meets all the Honda specs
    Ah yeah, not for my Accord Euro, but seeing how the old Honda ATF Z1 wasn't as good as their new DW1, I'm just wondering if Penrite Multi ATF is on similar terms of DW1 or Z1. Edit: I'm guessing their DEX-IV is their range topping oil, with MV FS next, and Multi Vehicle semi synthectic below that?
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 08-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Ah yeah, not for my Accord Euro, but seeing how the old Honda ATF Z1 wasn't as good as their new DW1, I'm just wondering if Penrite Multi ATF is on similar terms of DW1 or Z1. Edit: I'm guessing their DEX-IV is their range topping oil, with MV FS next, and Multi Vehicle semi synthectic below that?
    Dw1 is a thinner version of z1, from info I've gathered so far it seems to be similar to the DEX4 arrangement: a fuel efficient fluid with a synthetic or semi synthetic base

So if I had to take a stab in the dark i'd say either the Penrite multi atf is slightly thicker than what DW1 would be or it came out before DW1
    Last edited by Fredoops; 08-06-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    So what is the reasoning behind the 3x changes? Seems a bit extreme? Do one 3lt change and at a guess 1% of the old stuff may be in there still (30ml), but 99% is new (3000ml). Its hard to believe that this would make any difference. Are our Hondas that picky? I think I just answered my own question.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    The meaning of the 3x3 is to help flush out from the torque convertor as well.

I will have to check my specs in regards to if Penrite exceeds DW1 but i would not use DEX VI as it has different properties to what Honda specify.

Like I said, in real world circumstances, myself and the many other Penrite using mechanics I have spoken with have had no issues using it and I personally have had nothing but good feedback.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    As good as D4?

thanks for that

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    So what is the reasoning behind the 3x changes? Seems a bit extreme? Do one 3lt change and at a guess 1% of the old stuff may be in there still (30ml), but 99% is new (3000ml). Its hard to believe that this would make any difference. Are our Hondas that picky? I think I just answered my own question.
    no,
    1x change only 50-60% of actual fluid is changed (rest are stuck in the torque converter)
    2x change gets to 80% (or something)
    3x change gets to 90+%.

Also for a CL9 i would be happy to use Penrite without any concern.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Thanks chaps. Good info!
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro.
    DW-1 is abit expensive, penrite seems like a good way to go seeing as alot of people has had success with it. Could i mix the new one with the old one? for eg. if i only did a 2x2 would that be fine, mixing the last 20% of old fluid in with the new penrite fluid.