Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IMG is well respected, anyone ever had faulty or missing auction papers from them?

IMG would be one of the better choices as would Top Secret Import =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    IMG is well respected, anyone ever had faulty or missing auction papers from them?
    Its not that hard to photoshop an auction sheet

Quote Originally Posted by itachi-kun View Post
    couldn't the same thing be said about the auction sheet OP is claiming is related to that car?

Quote Originally Posted by itachi-kun View Post
    any legit company with a ABN and reputation to uphold would be wise enough to rectify such claims....

IE sue anyone that states otherwise or look forward to a class action against them.

It will be long hard and expensive to prove otherwise. Abit of pre purchase investigative work would go a long way though !

its pretty naive to think that a 8-10 year old car consistently has under 80000km on it.

a low-mileage example would be around the 80-100000km mark

most 2005 mps3, sportivos etc have around the 100k mark give or take and both these cars are quite similar in market niche and therefore common usage patterns as the ep3.

if it was genuinely low kms, then chances are the original owner used it as a track car.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    its pretty naive to think that a 8-10 year old car consistently has under 80000km on it.

a low-mileage example would be around the 80-100000km mark

most 2005 mps3, sportivos etc have around the 100k mark give or take and both these cars are quite similar in market niche and therefore common usage patterns as the ep3.

if it was genuinely low kms, then chances are the original owner used it as a track car.
    Most of it comes from the fact people believe Japanese people don't travel in cars as much on average as Australians. This is true but not by 30% margin =|
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    That said my 1990 CRX SiR has 103,000 genuine KM's complete with full service record in Japanese

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Most imports that do come into the country legit, not tampered odometer, chopped or rebirthed, are most likely gonna b low kms anyways, well when compared to ADM cars that is, japan isnt a large country, they do half the amount of kms the average australian car does, so considering this, its fair to say that u do sort of expect a low km car anyways if it was a legit car without tampering....

I do remember reading awhile back in magazines its a common sight for sellers to wind back odometers before sending it to the auction houses, as we all know lower kms means more likely buyers, im not sure if there is any real hard evidence into this, but i suspect this does ring some bells especially when you see a 20 year old car with 80,000kms in the auction house LOL, unless the auction have log books to back up the kms
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Logbook can be counterfeited,stamps can be stolen/made to replicate service centre stamps

you never really "know" a true mileage,you only have leap of faith its true

you can buy oem Honda part with ]Made in Japan] from China,everything can be fake..

Made in Italy labels for Gucci made in Chinese factorys,how do you know anything genuine

maybe your Honda actually made in China

is this real life?

everything is illusions ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

inb4matrixmemes

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    madeinception
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I know the Km's on my car are legit as the cluster was never removed. I could tell this by how stupidly torqued everything still was after 14 years.