Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    So FOB price was 502,000 ¥ which is around 5,100 AUD
    Assume $1100 for customs costs
    9.3x $95/m^3 for freight (AUD), this will come close to $1000.
    Import duty will be 5,100 AUD * 5% = $255
    GST 10% of is FOB + some figure around $1,000, forgot what the 1k was for. So say $7000 x 10% for a conservative value = $700

Landed this car is 5100 + 1100 + 1000 + 225 + 700 = $8125

Say compliance is cheap for edwardlees at $1-1.5k
    And rego is another 1.2k on top.

Onroad = $10,825.
    In house detailing and whatever to make it look up to scratch? Slap on another 500

Thats 18,888 - 11,325 = $7,500 mark up.
    Shieeet son. Dem dealers m8.
    Imported your self through a broker you could pick up a mint facelift 04/05 EP3R @100,000kms (legit) on road in australia for $16-17k with full logbooks and no accident history, no rust.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

fuark... heavy rust, corrision and accident history

MINT MINT MINT!
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    What can they actually do?

That auction form is publicly listed and he didnt word anything against them,only pointing out discrepancy so people can consider it..?

We need Fredoops to chime in
    I don't know, iirc they literally forced both Admins to remove all content negatively related to them *shrugs*
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 05-06-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    fuark... heavy rust, corrision and accident history

MINT MINT MINT!
    Yeah for piece of mind I'd rather go with trusted australian name

best way to find out km's

is to ask for auction and dereg papers when buying from import dealer to get accurate km's

hmmm, a bit sad to see this has descended into a discussion about price. businesses need to make money - i don't think the size of the margin is the main issue here. when i was looking for a car i would have happily paid a chunk of money more for a genuine km's car already in the country. unfortunately there are many dealers around that do not cater for wary buyers.

+1 for import brokers.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

lmao

the best guys for imports
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyimports View Post
    hmmm, a bit sad to see this has descended into a discussion about price. businesses need to make money - i don't think the size of the margin is the main issue here. when i was looking for a car i would have happily paid a chunk of money more for a genuine km's car already in the country. unfortunately there are many dealers around that do not cater for wary buyers.

+1 for import brokers.
    I went through Import brokers too, at the time I got my car imported, I found the import yards here in general to have overly hiked prices for sub-standard cars [Think grade 3 and you'll know what I'm talking about]. With the import broker [I used J-Spec], I was able to have access to auctions, dealerships, yards, etc and the agent was able to find the condition and specs [Pre-Modded] I was after. Sure it was a lot more involved process than just going down to the dealer and pick one + the associated risk not being able to test drive however if you go with a trusted Broker [J-Spec, Iron Chef, Prestige Motorsport] you'll be safe.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Moderator - here to help Array
    Dont be using specific names to bad mouth people guys
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Thank

Will inquire further with Jim

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Nothing wrong with a broker making some money. If they import a car and sell it there's no problem - you can only pay what you want to for it and if it means somebody gets their dream car as a reasonable price that's great. Ignore the importation price or just import it yourself.

Knocking off 100,000+ KM's from the odometer though...that's just criminal (literally).

Wouldn't surprise me if they say 'oh we forgot to put the first '1' digit in front of the mileage on our website', making it 148,***KMs and close enough to the auction sheet to be legit?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a broker making some money. If they import a car and sell it there's no problem - you can only pay what you want to for it and if it means somebody gets their dream car as a reasonable price that's great. Ignore the importation price or just import it yourself.

Knocking off 100,000+ KM's from the odometer though...that's just criminal (literally).

Wouldn't surprise me if they say 'oh we forgot to put the first '1' digit in front of the mileage on our website', making it 148,***KMs and close enough to the auction sheet to be legit?
    Have they wound back the clock on the cars odo aswell?
    EG