Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC5R vs DC5S: fuel economy.

hey guys,
    i have just smashed a few threads on dc5r vs dc5s but nothing really in terms of what this thread will really focus on (what im looking for). i started another thread about me wanting a type r, purely for the good performance, handling, reliability and economy.

upgrading from a charade, so i know economy wont be no where near as close, but economy is still a big thing since it will be a daily.

now, my question, ive been interested in the S and the R and am having a hard time deciding what to go for, so seing the economy of both will most likely be the influence since they are very similar.

how much does your tank usually cost to fill and how many kms do you get in return? L/100km ?

from factory it seems they should be the same, but i have a friend who owns an ep3 and pays 65 a tank and gets 450-500 pirited driving and then i have a friend who has a dc5s and pays 80 a tank and gets 400km granny driving.

thanx guys, much appreciated.

seing the economy of both will most likely be the influence
    they are similar mate... youre overthinking it

decide R or S based on whether you want a newer car and if you like the luxury comforts like sunroof and leather seats
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    They're running pretty much the same setup. Slightly different engines though. I.e. k20a2 vs k20z1 the tank is 50 litres in capacity and will generally cost 60ish to fill with current fuel prices. Depending on the mods, you can get anywhere from 450-550 km per tank. Which should equate to roughly 9 L/100km. Again very dependent on mods.

thanx guys. when it comes to these cars, we obviously use 98RON, but does it matter if you fill up at half way or when the fuel light comes on etc. do you usually just fill up when the fuel light comes on ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Car: DC5R
    Mods: I/h/e
    Km's off full tank: 430-470kms

I just fill up when it's close to empty, i used to get 500kms before when my car was stock but that changed lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by RA73DR View Post
    thanx guys. when it comes to these cars, we obviously use 98RON, but does it matter if you fill up at half way or when the fuel light comes on etc. do you usually just fill up when the fuel light comes on ?
    It doesn't matter. I fill up just before or when the light turns on. I wouldn't stress about when to pour though. Just do it when it's most convenient (without running out of fuel!).

thanx guys, very excited to as time to buying one approaches !

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    I always fill up when my light comes on.. not when it flickers when it stays on....

Dont quote me on it but i heard if you fill on the verge of no petrol often its bad as at the bottom of the tank theres gunk?

thats also what i heard

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    hey guys,
    i have just smashed a few threads on dc5r vs dc5s but nothing really in terms of what this thread will really focus on (what im looking for). i started another thread about me wanting a type r, purely for the good performance, handling, reliability and economy.

upgrading from a charade, so i know economy wont be no where near as close, but economy is still a big thing since it will be a daily.

now, my question, ive been interested in the S and the R and am having a hard time deciding what to go for, so seing the economy of both will most likely be the influence since they are very similar.

how much does your tank usually cost to fill and how many kms do you get in return? L/100km ?

from factory it seems they should be the same, but i have a friend who owns an ep3 and pays 65 a tank and gets 450-500 pirited driving and then i have a friend who has a dc5s and pays 80 a tank and gets 400km granny driving.

thanx guys, much appreciated.
    I think the actual cars themselves and their drivintg characteristics will bug you more than the difference in fuel efficiency

you get better fuel efficiency if you use as much of the tank as possible because you run lighter as it gets lower... So it's beneficial to use more

the other way to see it is that if you run too low you might collect some of the contaminnats in the bottom of your fuel tank... but then again that's what a fuel filter's for

i fill when it's cheap, not when it's empty. - the prices fluctuate 10 cpl and can save you around $5 per fill (if you drive a lot and make a weekly habit of this that's around $250/yr... which could go to insurance)
    Last edited by curtis265; 09-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

I got 15.5km/l on the way up to Winton yesterday mostly highway stuff.
    I got 4.1km/l on the track.

DO the gear boxes shit them selves if you skip gears constantly? I used to get 650km on average out of my corolla sportivo, however that was achieved by shifting from 2nd -6th a lot, plus dumping it in neutral down hill no matter how flat the gradient.