Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r

Installing full through exhaust

Hey guys got a dc2r and finally bought my first mod

Full through exhaust.. Ive got JDM 4-1 headers and fujitsubo rm01a cat back..

Will removing the stock exhaust and installing this be hard for a mechanical noob?

Any tips advice on how to do it?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    PRetty easy as long as you got the car jacked up on 4 corners. You'll be right!
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    PRetty easy as long as you got the car jacked up on 4 corners. You'll be right!
    Is there any thing i could possibly screw up? lol

are headers easy to attach? it looks like it'd be as simple as taking off the existing ones and just install the new ones bolt to bolt

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Headers should be sweet as there is alot of room. Did it on a mates dc2 a while ago with just a jack, but that sucked. If you have jack stands for the front and back its a peice of cake. Cant remember might have had to remove the fan just to get the headers out, merely loosen the nuts and the headers can be removed by turning them sideways and then jiggling them out. For the cat back its pretty easy, helps to have a mate, but just undo it from the headers and unclip if from the hangers and remove. Dont forget to swap over the O2 sensor if your reusing it, it may be on tight so having a propper O2 sensor spanner (or a crows foot spanner i think they're called) really helps. If not get a normal spanner spray abit of wd40 on the nut and with the spanner on it hit the spanner with a hammer in one swift motion should get it off.

Did you get the 98 spec hanger with the header? Someone told me ages back I needed it to fit the 98 4-1 headers, but I can't remember if I used it or not..otherwise it's all pretty easy, headers can be a bit fiddly but you'll get them on. Would recommend a bit of grease around the springs on the spring bolts from header->cat as they can get a bit noisy after a while

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    Headers should be sweet as there is alot of room. Did it on a mates dc2 a while ago with just a jack, but that sucked. If you have jack stands for the front and back its a peice of cake. Cant remember might have had to remove the fan just to get the headers out, merely loosen the nuts and the headers can be removed by turning them sideways and then jiggling them out. For the cat back its pretty easy, helps to have a mate, but just undo it from the headers and unclip if from the hangers and remove. Dont forget to swap over the O2 sensor if your reusing it, it may be on tight so having a propper O2 sensor spanner (or a crows foot spanner i think they're called) really helps. If not get a normal spanner spray abit of wd40 on the nut and with the spanner on it hit the spanner with a hammer in one swift motion should get it off.
    Thanks man.. hopefully i dont have to remove the fan...

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Did you get the 98 spec hanger with the header? Someone told me ages back I needed it to fit the 98 4-1 headers, but I can't remember if I used it or not..otherwise it's all pretty easy, headers can be a bit fiddly but you'll get them on. Would recommend a bit of grease around the springs on the spring bolts from header->cat as they can get a bit noisy after a while
    How can i tell? lol im not 100% hopefully mine are the bolt on.. yeah the seller told me to wd40 all my bolts as its stock exhaust and they wouldnt have been moved for a while.. hardest thing now is sourcing the jdm cat

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    The fan is easy lol. The hanger if we're talking about the one near the back of the block/sump isnt required so I wouldn't stress if you don't have it. Its just to hold up the headers but the metal is strong enough to support itself plus there are hangers from the cat back which help anyway. Btw if you need a hand lemme know, more than happy to help if im not busy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    The fan is easy lol. The hanger if we're talking about the one near the back of the block/sump isnt required so I wouldn't stress if you don't have it. Its just to hold up the headers but the metal is strong enough to support itself plus there are hangers from the cat back which help anyway. Btw if you need a hand lemme know, more than happy to help if im not busy.
    Yeah I the headers have the cage.. Not sure about the support though the cat back definitely does....

Might have to take you up on that offer =p

i was gonna buy your car off you i thought you said it got into an accident , guess not lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelezzay View Post
    i was gonna buy your car off you i thought you said it got into an accident , guess not lol
    yeah.. got hit from behind... only had to replace rear bar though thats how my original cat back got bent...

Still tossing and turning if i should sell it

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Remember to get gaskets for all the joins before you start.
    I could not source the three bolt gasket anywhere here in NZ and had to make my own up out of gasket paper