Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 civic

Honda civic 93 dual carbi

Every morning when i try to start the car i have to press the petrol pedal all the way and after it start i have to keep my foot on it other wise the car will shut off. I have changed spark plugs and distributor cab but still. Any ideas?
    Attention: its a dual carburettor, not injectors. Some people told me that the carburettor of this model always screws up is that true?
    Also when i start the car in the morning and i keep my foot on the petrol it gives black smoke and u can smell petrol in the smoke, but once the engine is warm the car is normal and no smoke comes out. Any suggestions?????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	24971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	24972  

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    I don't a lot about the car mate but I would look at the main relay, fuel pump and filters.
    They are all easy checks and don't cost much to replace.
    Hope it helps
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyassine View Post
    Every morning when i try to start the car i have to press the petrol pedal all the way and after it start i have to keep my foot on it other wise the car will shut off. I have changed spark plugs and distributor cab but still. Any ideas?
    Attention: its a dual carburettor, not injectors. Some people told me that the carburettor of this model always screws up is that true?
    Also when i start the car in the morning and i keep my foot on the petrol it gives black smoke and u can smell petrol in the smoke, but once the engine is warm the car is normal and no smoke comes out. Any suggestions?????
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 2BSEEN View Post
    I don't a lot about the car mate but I would look at the main relay, fuel pump and filters.
    They are all easy checks and don't cost much to replace.
    Hope it helps
    usrsbro?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Alright, change fuel fuel filter, check all vac lines, and at worst, get carbs rebuilt

can help u a little if u can visit to ferntree gully sometime..
    I have the same engine...fixed my carb..easy fix

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    they still have a type of main relay, its basic but its there
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    The main relay controls the electric fuel pump in an EFI honda, as well as power for the injectors.

If the main relay is stuffed, the car wont present symptoms like OP told us, it just wont start at all.

So therefore, 3 reasons why its not a main relay problem;

1. Theres no fuel pump
    2. Theres no injectors
    3. It wouldnt even cause this problem.

And in addition to this, its not the fuel pump, because the fuel pump is a mechanical item that operates on the principle of vaccum, is driven off the cam, and also wouldnt give thgese symptoms.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    teach me how to carby
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    o well I tried when no one else would lol
    My style

it's the choke..that's messed up..probably the wax in it..i think it's gonna cost u $800+..which I don't think is work it....can be fixed with a cable tie easily