Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Penrite ATFMHP for automatics or Trans Gear 75W80 for manuals
    Penrite MHP Meets ATF Z1 viscosity levels. So if you don't want DW-1. Perfect alternative for you. I'm using it in my accord and there's no problems with it. $40 for 4 litres, can't go wrong
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    can I use 5w-20 oil for the vibe-s will that affect my warranty at all?

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by Box View Post
    i believe 5w/30 is the recommended oil for this car. No you will not void your warranty for using this blend of oil - unless you DIY the service then yes you void the warranty.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Box View Post
    Dont waste your time going so thin. Use a 5W30 or a 5w40
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    thanks guys....0w-20 is the recommend oil I think for new jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    on oil recommendations like that if you go aftermarket make SURE it meets specifications.

as a side note most honda oil filters are the same, go and compare a genuine honda oil filter to the ryco z79a that is recommended by ryco, although it probably makes no difference they arnt the same size or shape. just saying

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I just moved away from OEM Oils and Filters this service on the Jazz. Finally made the switch to Royal Purple 10-50w with Hamp Filter. The motor sounds much better, that annoying lifter sound has gone.

I would only use OEM for CVT (every 15-20k) and Power steering fluids (My jazz don't even require this), apparently they are belt driven or something like that.

Rest aftermarket has worked much better in my case.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    10-50 seems a bit thick to me, why that weight? and dont the jazz also have a solid valve train? so "that annoying lifter sound" could be taken care of by performing a valve adjustment (or have honda moved to hydrolic on the jazz?)

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I moved to 10-50 as motor just hit 94xxxKM and the brakes went out. Took me a week to source Bendix Ultimates. Since the car was up on jackstands i saved my self time and did the 5k service home service. That lifter sound was annoying, lifter free from repco required new oil. At 10000KM i will get the major from Honda quoted $1600, valve adjustment head gasket new filters pumps seals and what not.

Oh wait u asked why this weight, tbh i felt like the FEO was too light, even though it wasn't burning any oil. Idunno impluse buy maybe? But the lifter sound has gone away now.
    Last edited by amant02; 11-07-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Lifer sound - valve adjustment
    At 1600 for the 100k km service? You can do most of it yourself
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    1600 includes more things thats required. Ill post a copy of the final bill from honda on my build thread later. I rather get a dealer to do it for the log book. We have maintained the log book properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I just moved away from OEM Oils and Filters this service on the Jazz. Finally made the switch to Royal Purple 10-50w with Hamp Filter. The motor sounds much better, that annoying lifter sound has gone.

I would only use OEM for CVT (every 15-20k) and Power steering fluids (My jazz don't even require this), apparently they are belt driven or something like that.

Rest aftermarket has worked much better in my case.

Power steering in the Jazz is electric pump, not old style belt driven hydraulic. It's a sealed unit requiring no fluid top up.

PS, there are no lifters in the Jazz. You may have some tappet noise if the clearances have gone out, but remember that the Jazz can also get tight clearances, which are more damaging to an engine than loose valves. Checking clearances in the GD Jazz is a pain in the arse, with a very fiddly removal of the entire intake plenum. The GE is a little easier, as the intake plenum is two piece, which makes the job much easier.

Are you sure that the "ticking" noise you are hearing isn't just the fuel injectors ? They make a loud ticking noise in the Jazz, and most fuel injected cars.