Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I had the dealership(Tom Kerr Mazda) re adjust the tappets at 90k which i highly doubt they did and charged me for, but I cannot prove this, sound was still there. They blamed it on a loose fan belt. So i took it to a 3rd Party Mech he advised me that it was normal injector sound as you mentioned and its not hurting the motor. With my missus nagging me to get the sound fixed, desperately searched the net, and the nulon lifter free product came up and some videos on youtube with the same sound form the same motor. So tired the solution offered and it worked!

I agree with that intake setup of the stock jazz, it was a pain in the ass to replace a air filter. Very tight fit under the bonnet.
    Last edited by amant02; 13-07-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    but lifter free is for hydrolic lifters which your car dosnt have. you just puting random crap in your oil now.. the fact of that matter is that eather the sound is just normal injector noise, in which case you can tell the wife that or your car needs a valve adjustment.
    its not a solution is just disguising a problem

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    but lifter free is for hydrolic lifters which your car dosnt have. you just puting random crap in your oil now.. the fact of that matter is that eather the sound is just normal injector noise, in which case you can tell the wife that or your car needs a valve adjustment.
    its not a solution is just disguising a problem
    This x100000000000000000000000
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Lifter free is simply a viscosity modifier that thins your oil. Why put a 10W50 in it if you are adding lifter free that will thin it to a 10W40?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Point noted, thanks guys. I will book in the service at Honda, once we can organise a day where the car can be off the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Anyone else had the starter clutch on the cvt redone? and what price? mine is (i think) and am thinking of biting the bullet and having it redone. Hate babying the car on hills and traffic lights to avoid the shuddering. Once it gets moving though its fine, changing to manual mode also helps quite abit but meh would rather it work in D mode. Anywhere from 1000-1300 is what ive been seeing on google search. This about right?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    just convert it to manual
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    You've already replaced the CVT fluid with genuine Honda CVT stuff ?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    ^^

Do what he says, Flush it a few times. 2-3. I know CVT Oil is expensive - $100 per bottle at my Local Dealer. But i rather spend that 200-300 bucks over $1600. It will fix the problem for about another 15-20000KM, then repeat.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Yeah have replaced it 2 years in a row now. Just lately it has become significantly worse. 2nd flush didnt do much at all to be honest.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    Yeah have replaced it 2 years in a row now. Just lately it has become significantly worse. 2nd flush didnt do much at all to be honest.
    Bloody gearboxes !!!!!!!

Bought an 04 Toyota Corolla 5 speed for the sons first car, looks immaculate, only 75K km's. We noticed a slight bearing noise in the front after we bought it, been getting worse of late ( really bad ). Just dropped it in to the mechanics this morning and waiting on the bad news. Apparently 04 Corolla's have a problem with gearbox bearings going bad, even after low mileage. We bought a Corolla for their "bulletproof" reputation, but looks like it may be a big dollar gearbox fix. Fingers crossed it's just a wheel bearing, but I doubt it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    genuine honda parts fix dat carrolla fella