Smile car not starting after clutch install? please help :(

hey guys recently just installed my exedy stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel, put it all back together and tried to start it, it cranked over but wouldnt start, tried it again 30 seconds later and still didnt start, just made a loud backfire sound , ( i think thats what it was but my catback is still off atm, so the noise might of even come from the intake at the front of the car)

so i got out the car and i could smell petrol at the front of the car, i charged the battery and re tried and the same thing again, but this time my friend noticed white smoke coming out of my injen cai which smelled of petrol.

the only thing i can think of but i dont think would affect the car starting is that i leaked clutch fluid out of my slave cylinder trying to put it back in yesterday so the clutch pedal is sitting on the floor ( about to bleed that and refill now)

any ideas anyone? My mate whos a mechanic helped me install the clutch and flywheel and torqued it to specs, so i dont think there would be a problem there, and the car was 100% fine before this always started without a problem
    thanks

check ground strap

My money is on the earth wire on the tranny, I was in the same situation.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

where exactly is the earth wire meant to go? i have it bolted onto a gold bracket that is on my tranny?

just found out timing chain has jumped a few teeth. ****. is there a possibility of bent or broken valves from just cranking the motor with a jumped chain? it never started.

dam its weird that the timing chain would jump a few teeth out of the blues, there would be a possibility of a bent or broken valve depending what stroke it was in. Try turning the motor over by the crank and see if it stops at any point.