Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Front lip question

I'm planning to get a front lip (Modulo) for my 2010 FD Civic. Only thing I am concerned about is will it scrape against humps and well... entering driveways and such?
    My car will be standard height (I oppose lowering) and on the factory 15" Modulo wheels with 195/65/R15 tyres.
    Anyone here using any form of front lip on their Honda at the moment able to give me an insight in regards to scraping driveways and what not?
    I hang out around areas such as Parramatta Westfield where the Campbell street exit has gouge marks all over the ashphalt which kinda scares me. No problems right now since my car has no lip on it yet, but if I gun it out the exit, I'll probably scrape!
    Last edited by stevo1210; 17-06-2013 at 07:10 PM.

That's the lip you're looking at, so its going to add around 30mm on the base of the front of your bumper and maybe extend around 30mm.

If you're scraping your front bumper now, it could be an issue, if not, you'll be alright and worse comes to worse just take more time to judge your obstacles.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 17-06-2013 at 07:20 PM.

woah guys... i got this.

its a front lip, over time its gonna take a pounding. just take it as easy as possible ma brother
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post

That's the lip you're looking at, so its going to add around 30mm on the base of the front of your bumper and maybe extend around 30mm.

If you're scraping your front bumper now, it could be an issue, if not, you'll be alright and worse comes to worse just take more time to judge your obstacles.
    That's the one.

As of now, the front bumper is like new. Never scraped anything in the last 3 years. However... further in, my towing hook has copped it a few times. Like, the two hooks (one on the left and one on the right).

The Westfields Parramatta carpark is one place that has gouges everywhere and also the car park entrance at my uni down the road, even the shuttle bus scrapes with load! Other than that, the area where I live (Bankstown), is okay and everything seems to be designed properly! (road wise that is).

EDIT: My friend has the new 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer VRX that has lips and all. He doesn't scrape in these places, does that mean I won't?
    Last edited by stevo1210; 17-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    those tow hooks always take a battering

I bumped them first time parking it lol.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    That's the one.

As of now, the front bumper is like new. Never scraped anything in the last 3 years. However... further in, my towing hook has copped it a few times. Like, the two hooks (one on the left and one on the right).

The Westfields Parramatta carpark is one place that has gouges everywhere and also the car park entrance at my uni down the road, even the shuttle bus scrapes with load! Other than that, the area where I live (Bankstown), is okay and everything seems to be designed properly! (road wise that is).

EDIT: My friend has the new 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer VRX that has lips and all. He doesn't scrape in these places, does that mean I won't?
    If you're talking about what I think you are, if I hard brake I'll feel those tow hooks crunch.