Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2

high comp supercharged b20

Hey guys need abit of guidence ive built a fully forged and sleaved stroked b18c with 12.5:1 comp pistons and skunk 2 pro 3 cams and valve train I was thinking about supercharging it what's my options and is it possible with the comp?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Unless you have some serious cooling for air temperature or resilient fuel, it's going to be a hairy one to tune with those cylinder pressures.. I would play it safe and redo the bottom end in lower comp if you want any sort of forced induction. 11 is workable but 12.5 is up there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    What about e85 fuel and methanol injectors for intake temps you would only get like 4-5psi out of the supercharger..... What kind of power would I expect our of it if I pull it off

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    its too hard to tell power figures.

But high comp low boost is good for torque.

As for mucking about with methanol injectors, in the long run, itd be cheaper to just drop lower comp pistons in.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    You're applying patches over the real problem.

You say now you only want 4-5psi, why would you do such a thing when you know you can ram more in? You will always want more power.

What type of supercharger is it? It's not too expensive to change the bottom end to suit boost.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    I haven't chosen a super charger yet I was just throwing ideas around with anything else I can do to it to get more power.....I didn't want to turbo it but I thought a super charger running low boost would be okay but you guys know more about this than me that's why I asked you guys before I did anything..... Would it even make a big difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    If it's only going to see E85 and you have spent the money on cooling the air efficiently, go for it. Just spend the money on tuning and supporting mods. If it were me I would turbo though.

Yes, it will make a difference!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    yeah itl be something different when its going...who would you suggest for the tune?

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    I find Croydon Racing Development do good with Forced Induction ( aka Turbo / Supercharged ) applications.

They are located in 54 South Street, Rydalmere. I suggest you look them up.

GL HF and let us know how it goes.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    No worries I have to get it up and going for now just na and get the thing tuned then I will get the super charger on it very soon.... Are they any good with na tunes? Or just forced induction?

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    They put together an N/A Holden V6 into a motorbike and it runs great.. oddly enough being a Holden engine :P
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    Unless you have some serious cooling for air temperature or resilient fuel, it's going to be a hairy one to tune with those cylinder pressures.. I would play it safe and redo the bottom end in lower comp if you want any sort of forced induction. 11 is workable but 12.5 is up there...
    Totally agree with what Chris says. Another solution to de-comp it might be to run a thicker MLS head gasket and some good quality head studs, seens as though you dont need to de-comp much (10.5:1 would be idea but 11 is workable as chris stated).