k24 clutch and flywheel

Hi everyone,

i know this has been covered more often than not. But i need to make a decision here.

Euro is relatively stock and used daily

My question is that is it worth going for the K20 clutch and lightened flywheel option?

Or is it better to stick to a HD exedy clutch suited for K24 and just machine the OEM flyhweel.

I can't seem to find any lightened flywheel out there to suit the k24 clutch?

Advice??

If you're not likely to go much spirited driving and prefer to cruise don't get the lightened flywheel. While it does make it rev faster, because the loss of mass = loss of momentum, you also lose revs quickly too making the car more 'snatchy' to drive. This problem can be compounded with on/off [Unsprung] clutches making it a pain to drive. If your car is fully loaded with passengers and you have A/C going, good luck going uphill

HD Exedy Clutch 'should' retain near factory pressure so engaging the clutch is near factory feel while giving you better clamping pressure.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    If you're not likely to go much spirited driving and prefer to cruise don't get the lightened flywheel. While it does make it rev faster, because the loss of mass = loss of momentum, you also lose revs quickly too making the car more 'snatchy' to drive. This problem can be compounded with on/off [Unsprung] clutches making it a pain to drive. If your car is fully loaded with passengers and you have A/C going, good luck going uphill

HD Exedy Clutch 'should' retain near factory pressure so engaging the clutch is near factory feel while giving you better clamping pressure.

Very good info. Looks like i might just be getting the K24 clutch and machine OEM flywheel
    The K24 aren't much of a revving machine due to bigger displacement and will not be wise to get like a 9pounds flyhweel