Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT

Latest Accord Euro vs 2013 Accord

Hi All,

I have now been full circle and have decided to come back to a Honda after a few years with the Volkswagen.

I'm currently in the market for an Accord, but wasn't too sure which one. I've tried to search online and in forum threads for a comparison between the latest Accord Euro vs the latest Accord.

My take on the new Accord is:
    * Improved styling
    * Massive amounts of technology if you get it with all the driver aids
    * From pictures, seem to be a newer interior
    * Not sure about driving experience

My take on the Accord Euro is:
    * Interior definitely looks aged (esp centre console since it reminds me of my Jazz)
    * Less technology and driver aids
    * Better chassis
    * Better exterior styling
    * Better driving experience due to higher power output
    * May get revised late 2014

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this as it may help me make a decision sooner.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Won't be a better driving experience due to higher power output, will be better driving experience in general, especially if you go for manual. I think the new Accord has more low down torque though. To be honest, if it was my money, I would put it into a VF. Much better driving experience (more torque and rwd), more comfortable when cruising and more fun when driving, better value for money, even in terms of kit, more interior space but without being much bigger externally (the new Accord is pretty big). I can't find an area where the Accord beats the VF in anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Sorry I have no idea what VF stands for.

I guess I'm not really after driving experience. I just don't want to be severely underpowered when I'm trying to carry a few passengers. I come from a Golf GTI so I understand i won't have the same driving feel and power on tap, but I guess I've made the decision to move to a more mundane car. Do you find the Accord build quality to under par or quite good? I can't stand lots of plastics like Mazda cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    lol mazda interior build is so plasticky! you'll be fine with the honda. The accord's nicer in that regard. both of them.

a VF is a commodore.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Honda is a great car to drive & has good finishing touches

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Anyone here own the new Accord (2013) yet? Either the CU2 or the newer Accord whatever that code is?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I would find it hard to justify the new Accord, it's more expensive, too expensive for what it is. I can't see too many people jumping on it, especially since the older Accord sold because it was cheaper than the Euro. VF is the new Commodore. It's better in all area's compared to the new Accord, at least as far as I can see. Give it a go as well, and see what you think. I've driven the new VF SV6 and Cruze SRi and both are good things, Holden have really upped their game while Honda has stayed at a standstill for the past decade. I mean I don't blame them, when GFC hit, Jap also had the tsunami so Honda didn't recieve that much funding, then Thai floods hit and their factories went down so they didn't have cars to sell, so they've pretty much had no income, perhaps even mass losses the past decade. They put all their remaining funds into the new CRV and it's meant to be their game changer, but as far as I can tell, it's still severely lacking.

Going from a GTI to the new Accord is a downgrade by all means, other than space. You'll also find that it's not as efficient on paper as it claims because the weaker engine with a heavy body means it needs to be worked hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Go for the Euro,you will hate the regular Accord after a sporty GTI.

I previously had a Jetta,and upgraded to a Euro,and LOVE it,as I find it extremely comfortable ,good looking,and well built in Japan,so has none of the squeeks and rattles which VW are famous for.

Fun to drive,and excellent quality and reliability.

Regular Accord STILL looks frumpy,and is built in Thailand.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Thanks for your opinions guys. Definitely good to hear the thoughts of owners. I still haven't decided yet. The 2013 Accord interior is quite nice though but if it's not as well built, it will be disappointing. Decisions decisions...

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Id only get the new accord if you get the v6, and since there's no base model and the rrp increased, its just too expensive for what it is IMO. Prob go with the euro, but only if you can get it really cheap.
    Last edited by Rudy; 24-06-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Is it because the euro is going to get updated soon?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by kuso View Post
    Is it because the euro is going to get updated soon?
    I think it's more because of the recent price increase due to the falling Australian dollar. Honda isn't good value anymore. It's price is now quite high, or at least higher than it was for the past few years, meaning it's back up to the "premium" brand range, however their products aren't anymore "premium" than any of it's competitors. New Euro coming out is questionable. Especially with the regular Accord, 34k driveaway is a bit steep. V6 going for 56k, and their dreaming, much like they were with the Legend. That's VF Calais V8 money.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 25-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.