Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I think it's more because of the recent price increase due to the falling Australian dollar. Honda isn't good value anymore. It's price is now quite high, or at least higher than it was for the past few years, meaning it's back up to the "premium" brand range, however their products aren't anymore "premium" than any of it's competitors. New Euro coming out is questionable. Especially with the regular Accord, 34k driveaway is a bit steep. V6 going for 56k, and their dreaming, much like they were with the Legend. That's VF Calais V8 money.
    You're right and I agree that the value is definitely not really there. However, I'm never been a big fan of the Holden. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buying one.

Out of the Japanese cars, Honda seems to be the only one that's decent and previously not too pricey. Subaru's Liberty is a nice car on the inside, but not sure about the looks on the outside. Doesn't leave me with many options. I was also thinking about the new Mazda 6, but they are even more expensive.

Might have to end up getting a european car or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I like the new CRV. The AWD version has the 140kW 2.4 litre engine. Why doesn't the Accord have this engine instead of the 129kW version? Both cars are made in the same Thai factory. Surely it would be simple to fit the 140kW engine especially since the USA version has the 140kW engine. Why are Australians lumbered with the 129kW lump? Why do we get the Thai-market 129kW engine? I smell a rip-off. The new Accord is a dud.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I think it's more because of the recent price increase due to the falling Australian dollar.
    Seriously, the car is made in low-cost Thailand and there is no import duty on cars made in Thailand because of the free trade agreement. Honda Australia is taking customers for granted and for a ride. They'll reap poor sales as a result.
    SPQR

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Yea that's the thing that gets to me. I really don't think the price point is that great. $48k for the Accord + ADAS is just ridiculous...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Is that the price in Brisbane? Where did you get $48K? Is that the VTiL or the V6? The V6 is $56K on the road.
    Last edited by SPQR; 27-06-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    SPQR

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    VTI-L + ADAS from Brisbane.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by kuso View Post
    You're right and I agree that the value is definitely not really there. However, I'm never been a big fan of the Holden. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buying one.

Out of the Japanese cars, Honda seems to be the only one that's decent and previously not too pricey. Subaru's Liberty is a nice car on the inside, but not sure about the looks on the outside. Doesn't leave me with many options. I was also thinking about the new Mazda 6, but they are even more expensive.

Might have to end up getting a european car or something.
    I get what you're coming from, but Holden has improved a lot. I mean 10 years ago, I wouldn't have even considered a Holden (and I still won't consider a Ford). Back then, they had way too many issues. VE has been a game changer though, in terms of reliability for Holden. Wouldn't touch the Barina or Captiva or anything that's a rebadged daewoo, though. But cars like the VF Commodore and even the SII Cruze have had much Aussie R&D put into them, so much so that you can't really compare them to the Korean crap.

As for Japanese, well, the only cars I would be looking at today outside of Holden really would be a Toyota. They are much cheaper than the others, and have a much higher reliability rate as well. Servicing cost is a lot less as well. You could look European but you're getting a lot less for the money, and their quality is still questionable (look at VW). I think the problem with the Europeans is that they only started looking at improving reliability about a decade ago (Merc actually admitted they had Quality issues early 2000 and said they would improve their QC, French are still rubbish). If you go by what the Journos say, they can only talk about the car and how it feels during the short period they've owned them. Looking at VW and the Golf, they are build solid, and thus Journos talk about how they feel like they gonna last, but there's still issues. The reason I trust Holden and Toyota more is that since they are manufactured in Australia, and want to keep on doing so, they do recalls to rectify the issues that they come across, where as VW and even Ford, tend to ignore it to save money.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 BLk EuroLux
    " Going from a GTI to the new Accord is a downgrade by all means, other than space. You'll also find that it's not as efficient on paper as it claims because the weaker engine with a heavy body means it needs to be worked hard. "

worked hard = burns more fuel = more money wasted. Euros a heavy car, you dont get that bang bang instant acceleration response like the GTIs. The Euros optimum level to run is only when its rolling.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 BLk EuroLux
    Question guys..

How much are the black 2009 Euro Luxury model pricing now with 85 xxxklms?? Pick of the brain anyone?