Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

FD Modulo factory spoilers

It's Sunday today so all the dealers are closed (parts dep. wise). I thought I'd ask here for a quick answer.
    Like the title says... factory modulo spoilers for FD Civic (with the LED brake light)... how much do you guys think this would set me back installed?
    Have a friend who cheaped out and got the $300 eBay special... I dunno but he managed to crack his while closing the boot... so I think I'll stick to a genuine one if I decide on the spoiler... tossing between modulo spoiler or modulo kit first... (kit is $1500 installed)

I put money down for $800 for this part installed? :-/

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    I have one lying around if you want

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    I have one lying around if you want
    Is it in Sparkle Grey? :-)

Also, just wanted to know since I was just in looking around my car's boot area. Do you need new trunk springs for the added weight of the spoiler and in addition, how does it connect to the center brake light? is it plug and play or did they splice some wiring for the LED brake light to connect to the original boot center mounted light?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    Is it in Sparkle Grey? :-)
    Nah Nighthawk Black unfortunately.

Do you need new trunk springs for the added weight of the spoiler and in addition
    Nope

How does it connect to the center brake light? is it plug and play or did they splice some wiring for the LED brake light to connect to the original boot center mounted light?
    The wiring that runs to original centre boot light gets unplugged and run up the boot arms and into the bootlid.
    On the passenger side of where the spoiler is mounted to the boot there's 3 holes drilled. 2 for bolting up the spoiler, the 3rd for running the cable from the spoiler light.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    Nah Nighthawk Black unfortunately.

Nope

The wiring that runs to original centre boot light gets unplugged and run up the boot arms and into the bootlid.
    On the passenger side of where the spoiler is mounted to the boot there's 3 holes drilled. 2 for bolting up the spoiler, the 3rd for running the cable from the spoiler light.
    Damn! If it were Sparkle grey, I'd pick it up ASAP. :-(

On another note, got a quote from Larke Hoskins for the spoiler... $550 installed with GST as well. Tempting...

Got another question though... how does the mountings of the spoiler prevent water from dripping in? Is there a gasket or something like that? I remember when I had a Falcon, a rainy day meant a swimming pool in the boot because of the factory spoiler.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Usually sealed by using a large single slab of mounting tape.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Duffy, I've got a question for you.

I can see two holes on the left and an extra hole to the right for the trunk light wiring for the spoiler. Now I have found where one hole *should * go due to an indentation on the boot lid, but the second hole (closest to the edge/rear of boot), where is that supposedly drilled? I'm taking a wild guess, but is it under two rubber stopper looking things?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Yeah it is I understand what you're saying

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Just went to the dealer today in regards to the spoiler. Apparently i need to pay for new boot springs as well??? Im confused now :-/