Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying EP3

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra

Buying EP3

Currently own a DC5 base but looking to upgrade to a EP3 Type R. I mean no doubt it's a better car, but there aren't too many of them for sale. So in that case, would it be too risky to get a EP3 in terms of the car being imported and not having enough history on it?

Is it worth spending about $20k on this 9 year old car?

Is the kms shown on the cars for sale on carsales of what it's done overall if it was imported as a used car, or just how much it's driven after it's been imported?

Thanks for the help

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Red Ep3
    Best way to confirm km is to look at the auction report when it was imported from japan. For 20k it's not a bad deal considering a Aus dc5r will cost similar money with higher kms

i'm located in Brisbane and got my Ep3 for 14k, the kms were average too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Is there much difference between a DC5R and a EP3R? Is it worth the extra 2k you would pay for the Civic?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I reckon the ep3r is more practical and the back seats should be more roomy. Best way is to inspect and test drive one. The dc5r has a better looking cluster and interior but thats just my opinion

Main reason I chose the EP3 over the DC5 was the visibilty looking out the rear windows.

Hi davidaff,

I think you're mainly risking all the negatives of an import car. Parts are harder to get, never know if the kms are real or not but as supabob said, the auction report is the best, most trustworthy source of information you can get. I don't think you'll have a log book either and I'd say it's much harder to sell an import car here. EP3 also doesn't have as much selection of mods as a DC5. If you're paying 2k extra for an EP3, you're paying 2k extra for a real type R k20a with extra 15hp but you're sacrificing the aforementioned negatives. In the end though, I still love my EP3 just need to find a bloody side skirt lol. Also check out the difference between pre and post facelift ep3s, i.e. 02-03 vs 04-05 ep3!
    oh btw, I've heard many good things about IMG for imports (though pricey) unless you're just looking at carsales then best of luck!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Thanks pkjai2k mate, helped a lot!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Just buy off one of the respected members here on the forums

George is an ex mechanic and takes great care of his cars and I'm quite sure the ks are real
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...m-ep3-nhb-2002

He's upgrading to a family car the sell-out lol
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    plus he's a very matured driver so why not.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EP3R
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum just joined recently. I'm currently in the market for a Honda Civic Type R EP3. I'd just wanted to know regarding the maintenance/service costs are they going to be expensive?

How much do you think a EP3R goes for? from my research its about $17-$21k.

I went and test drove one last weekend at Xtreme motorsports and am going to check one out at IMG. Are any of these dealers reputable?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey45 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum just joined recently. I'm currently in the market for a Honda Civic Type R EP3. I'd just wanted to know regarding the maintenance/service costs are they going to be expensive?

How much do you think a EP3R goes for? from my research its about $17-$21k.

I went and test drove one last weekend at Xtreme motorsports and am going to check one out at IMG. Are any of these dealers reputable?

Thanks
    Both dealers are reputable. A lot of the EP3 drivers here bought there's from IMG, I believe.

$17k - $21k for a pre-facelift is usually the general asking price. I'm sure if you know how to negotiate you can get one for cheaper though.

Re: servicing costs ect. Not anymore than any other Honda. Common problems are cracked engine mounts and squeaky steering rack. Spare parts being hard to source may be it's only fault.

Good luck!