Hardrace engine mounts

Who has installed Hardrace engine mounts in their car?
    I put some in my b18c2 eg civic and the vibration from them isnt great, not impressed.
    Does it get better after a little while?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have them in my DC5R and don't find the vibrations intrusive at all. But I guess that's subjective to one's tolerance level.
    The vibrations might be different for different cars (?) so I can't comment on your particular application.

In any case since Hardrace uses rubber, the vibrations won't get better or "settle" and will remain the same.
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    I got hard race mounts in my EP3, the vibration gets really annoying on a cold morning but once everything begins to warm up then the vibration becomes bearable.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by egsohc View Post
    Who has installed Hardrace engine mounts in their car?
    I put some in my b18c2 eg civic and the vibration from them isnt great, not impressed.
    Does it get better after a little while?
    if its VERY bad, then maybe a timing issue? causing it to be too rough.

however if its just a bit rough for daily driving then im not sure what u were expecting from HardRace...

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Do you know what rating the mounts are? 63A, 72A, 80A? Depending on how stiff they are will affect how much vibration you get. They will settle slightly after a few weeks, but dont expect it to go back to how OEM feels
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Cheers for the replies. I never expected them to be like oem. I'm happy with the feel of the driveline, just the vibrations are worse than I expected for rubber mounts that are advertised as anti vibration. Just means l'll have to tighten up everything that rattles.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Remove or return back to OEM the bottom 2 torque mounts. They are not needed with stiffened engine mounts. My Dc2R runs OEM there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Remove or return back to OEM the bottom 2 torque mounts. They are not needed with stiffened engine mounts. My Dc2R runs OEM there!!!
    Cheers for that, I have looked into it a bit and a few people have changed the back mount too.
    Ill give them a few weeks while I run the engine in and see how they go.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I've got them as too, try rack up around 1000km on them and see how you go, they do soften up but will never be as soft as oem. Don't forget your car is old though, my dc2r is a 2000 model and I had to spend around $50 on new interior clips and screws to reduce the rattles. An eg would be even worse considering the age

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    IMO harder engine mounts are deff worth the loss in comfort.
    but most are looking for a way to have both and it aint gonna happen, yes you can mix oem with harder mounts but that's just stressing the other harder mounts and it will alow the engine to pull to the softest mount. personally I recon just deal with it and try to locate all the rattles

Thanks for the replies. I have been slowly sorting the rattles and the mounts are getting a little better.