Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    All y'all need to do is try it out. Y'all will be surprised what a little octane booster in with the oil can do

Oh you mean mix motor oil with octane booster??

But why? What does the octane booster do to motor oil?

Just googled it. Didn't find shit.

If you have done this, link me a video lol. Very interested.
    Last edited by amant02; 28-06-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Well I'm against any fuel additives. So sorry mate. I rather rebuild then pour octane booster down my tank. Did u also know u can get 102 premium unleaded from certain outlets in Aus?

Okay, back to the topic. Today I replaced the PCV my god honda charged me $68.70 for the valve and $40/ea rubber hosing. Came with new clips thou.

Ill see how this goes.

Ill also do the testing recommended by dougie and da9. Thanks for the input guys. Ill get back to you after this weekend.

Replaced PCV and lines, Oil and Hamp filter today. Lets see if this works out. My one was still in good condition, so i don't think this will fix the problem. I just snapped it when putting it back in frigidity thing this PCV.

Forgot to add, Oil I'm currently using is Motul Turbo Light its syn 10-30, as its winter i have been advised to use thinner oil. When summer comes back around ill go back 20-50 semi syn.
    Just a heads up, you don't need to worry about the whole winter/summer thing so much. You should choose your oil weight by how quickly your engine is consuming it.

If 10W-50 was burning fast, 10W-30 is going to burn way faster.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    How hard do you drive it? I baby my EH9 to 2,500 mostly, sometimes 3,000-3,500 if going up hills and I'm burning 0.7-1.0L in 5,000KM. Which is sustainable...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Oh you mean mix motor oil with octane booster??

But why? What does the octane booster do to motor oil?

Just googled it. Didn't find shit.

If you have done this, link me a video lol. Very interested.
    iz ken wrok god n8

srs, juz fnid ing ogogle oktain bozta 4 oolz

iz leik pvc vovle in entak getz air 4 oolz, saem konsept

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    How hard do you drive it? I baby my EH9 to 2,500 mostly, sometimes 3,000-3,500 if going up hills and I'm burning 0.7-1.0L in 5,000KM. Which is sustainable...
    how do you know its 1l?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    how do you know its 1l?
    Because I put 3.3L in (as per the measuring lines on the bottle) then drain the old oil into an empty bottle to measure what I get back. Not perfect but a rough estimate.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Say i will hit vtec maybe once a trip, getting on to the motor way. Then baby it as much as possible. Highway normally sit at 3-4k Depanding on speed limit.

Normal roads would hardly hit over 3k unless its a steep hill, the s4c is a short ratio box afterall.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    And never driven hard when cold? It's probably rings.

Get a leak down test I suppose.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Thanks for the input ya'll.

Just sold my other motors and got my tax forms from work. Looks like ill be rebuilding the motor.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Adrain from TODA AU. Im very interested in that b16 130kw monster rebuild package they used to offer.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    He's not in the performance business anymore. Working as a diesel mechanic I believe. Try to speak to Leo who distributes the TODA stuff now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Adrian is now working at SAS Tuning, but Leo at INT Distribution can look after all your Toda needs
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Reasons for oil burning could be from a few main reasons;

1. Piston rings (You still may have high compression but that doesnt mean your piston rings are in good nick. Compression and oil rings are two different type of rings)

2. Valve stem seals - If you hit vtec too many times or have given your motor a really hard life, then dont be surprised to ruin these seals. If this is worn, oil will go to the combustion chamber via the valves..

3.PCV valve as stated - Check that. Open up your intake arm, open your throttle body and see if theres oil residue there. If there is, i recommend changing your PCV valve

4. - OR - YOU might not be burning oil, you probably didnt top up your oil after servicing your car. After every service, make sure to turn on your car for a few seconds then re check your oil level. (Oil filter takes up around 500mL of oil) So all up, from memory B series takes 4L - 4.3L ish? and of course check it on a flat surface