Member Array
    Car:
    04' Accord CL9

Adjustable Pulley for air con in DC2R help :(

My Pulley Nightmare

This afternoon i was driving home in my RED DC2R and out of nowhere i hear a clunk and screeching metal sound from my passenger side. i pulled over and inspected what happened.

i will try to the best of my ability to describe where it is located etc.....

All i could see was one of the pulley's had completely snapped off with the half the bolt and which sits above the belt that controls the heating and air con, just my pot of luck anyways i think someone overtightened the bolt and it made this happen. so the pulley that controls the air con is no longer attached to anything

all i want to know how much will it cost me to get repaired?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    pics.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    The best person to tell you how much the repair will cost is the person you designate to do the repair.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by typerdevil View Post
    all i want to know how much will it cost me to get repaired?
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    The best person to tell you how much the repair will cost is the person you designate to do the repair.
    Exactly, no point asking OzHonda for a price.. Only an actual repair shop can tell you how much it will cost..

That is pretty bizarre however. Maybe try and extract the broken thread from the A/C pump yourself and save some $$$.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you shouldn't have trouble removing the broken thread, it may even be finger tight now the load is off. Did the bearing seize or is it still free spinning. Over tightened belt is 1 cause, seized bearing is another.

if the pulley and belt are ok you can get away with just a replacement bolt and 1hr work

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    I had the same problem happen to mine, picked up a new pulley from Honda and fitted it myself.

You do have to take off an engine mount as a belt goes around it. It isn't too hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    I got a second hand one.here, for a.small.price u can have it...

Member Array
    Car:
    04' Accord CL9
    thanks guys and yeah the belt is in excellent condition and the bearing hasn't seized, so i will be taking it tomorrow to my mechanic. the existing thread is still intact my mech may be able to retrieve it and just get a new pulley for it cause the current pulley that snapped off has small chunk taken from it, luckily i stopped immediately and my god never again hands with hot parts don't mix, suffered minor burns from it. also thanks for the offer too IEVAQ8.