Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    Did you get this off an old guy with a few crxs?
    you cant just call pop old lol

this be a good project to watch
    My style

Seeing I've been mentioned, I'd better stick my nose in. Thanks for the kind words 2B, any compliments are welcome. Glad to see you got over this way, Aaron. I wonder if the guy that I told you about that put the Vtec in an SIR model was ever on here. I'm sure I've seen an uncompleted build thread somewhere.

OK, Don't think it's the same guy but here's the thread on here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...city+vtec+swap. Unfortunately all the pics are lost but on page 7 (last page) he does give a list of the mods and you might be able to glean other info on the way through.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    yea i read all of that before shame he hasn't let on about how to do it....

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    more progress just got to remove the shafts and drain the auto and then its good bye old resting place

cant be bothered to post all the pics up right now as its late will post some tomorrow

alternatively u can look at my blog where my camera automatically uploads too

http://ga2city.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    CIVIC SHELL LEAVES FOR SCRAP TOMORROW IF YOU WANT ANYTHING OFF THE CAR PM ME.

Apparently I'm not aloud to post in the for sale section for like 3 months so if you want anything from this shell then make sure you send me a pm and ill endeavor to remove it if i have the time

missing parts

engine
    engine loom
    cluster
    front brakes
    and a few other bits ive forgotten about

still got the suspension and so on and heaps more like fog lights front bar and brake booster and so on
    Last edited by Dooonster; 26-06-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City

Vtec kicked out yo!

what a C*&$t of a job it was but the car finally gave way and we got the engine and box out those hub nuts are not good glad everyone else uses split pins. we had guns on it 600m breaker bars they were not moving.

As Always there are more pics on my Blog as the camera uploads there so its just easier to maintain that

http://ga2city.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    looking good there brother

What are your plans for engines ??

How did you go with getting rid of the wreak and parts?
    I was going to ask for some but that lil bit of water to tas costs a lil
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    still haven't got rid of shell ran out of time had so much F@^#^*&#@(#@@#@((#@#@#@#@ with the hub nuts that i finished at about 5 so i have to hang onto it for another week or so. so if u need anything i haven't already taken off or destroyed as you can see a hammer was used to kill frustration on about everything. but there is heaps of good stuff still left on the shell so the suspension and so on is still there. most interior panels are there but dirty and all electrics worked the front bar has fog lights in it and there are so much more.
    anyway let me know

After busting my 1/2" drive breaker bar, I graduated to this

3/4" drive with air tool socket and a metre or so of pipe over that which in the case of this particular nut required standing on and jumping up and down to crack it. (other helpful hint) always do it with wheel on ground and handbrake fully applied.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    ↑ good idea,hideous wheel

Gumtrees your friend (stuff ebay, to expensive)