Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    ↑ good idea,hideous wheel
    And they weighed a ton (or should that be tonne). Got $300 for them.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    haha well done im still not sure weather to rock the stokies on the city or the black and chrome wheels

Just had another look at your blog and something you'll need to check. I don't know if this applies to all Honda auto and manual boxes but I have read that the starters are different. Whether this is to do with the ring gears or positions I don't know but as I see you intend to cut and join the bell housings of the GA box and this auto box you'll need to be sure they'll mate up before spending dosh on having it done. Better also sort out flywheel and clutch/fork movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooonster View Post
    haha well done im still not sure weather to rock the stokies on the city or the black and chrome wheels
    If you mean the steelies, they only look good if the rims have been widened and reversed to give deep dish, something like this.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Just had another look at your blog and something you'll need to check. I don't know if this applies to all Honda auto and manual boxes but I have read that the starters are different. Whether this is to do with the ring gears or positions I don't know but as I see you intend to cut and join the bell housings of the GA box and this auto box you'll need to be sure they'll mate up before spending dosh on having it done. Better also sort out flywheel and clutch/fork movement.
    Im going to use all the original stuff i have a fuel injection loom from japan on its way so we will see how it all goes when i get that.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    This is what the modded box looks like

Sh%t that was quick, so you've just cut out bits and replaced as necessary, Good job. Pretty certain the axle seals are the same as a Civic,
    Last edited by hondapop; 28-06-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    ill just take them into my local shop and allow them to match them up if not its Over night parts from japan

So you're planning on using the original engine's flywheel and clutch ? Might be a bit small for the power the Y8 will produce. I've got a spare D16A8 flywheel from an 88 CRX. 190mm, 21 spline plate, on that model, but I'd have to check the OD's of the flywheel/ring gear to see if it'll match the D13c's. The 89's used a 200mm, 20 spline plate and the 90-91's a 212mm, also 20 spline.

Member Array
    Car:
    GA2 City
    ill have to make measurements of it all first before i make a decision on what ill do

I'll try and dig it out tomorrow (gotta remember where it is) and give you some measurements to compare. Won't be to the last nth, but should tell if feasible.

OK, These as best I can measurements are taken off the flywheel and 200mm clutch assembly still attached to my spare ZC (JDM D16A) and have been done only using a tape and eye. Should be accurate enough to get an idea.

Flywheel; O/all diam incl ring gear = 283mm. Thickness from back face to pressure plate cover bolton face = 26mm. Crankshaft bolts (6) PCD = 62-63mm. Bolt head size = 17mm 12 point socket.

Pressure plate cover, (bolt on face); O/all diam = 242mm. Thickness (Face to back of cover) = 37mm. OD of actual cover = 210mm.

Input shaft spline; OD =22mm. Spigot shaft OD = 14-15mm

Distance flywheel extends out past bellhousing joint face on block to pressure plate cover bolt on face = 20mm.
    Last edited by hondapop; 01-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.