Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R

Integra won't start

So my dc2r won't start.

I tried to start it and didnt notice it was in hear and it lurched forward, after that wouldn't start at all.

I push started it and it ran fine.

Turning the key and you can hear the starter motor just clicking away. I've tired going directly from the battery to te starter solenoid, still won't crank.

When pushing or rocking the car some of the dash lights flicker. Battery has plenty of juice.

I'm thinking the starter is cactus. Anyone have any other ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I agree, starter motor dead. All signs point to it, time for a new one.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Check the ground cable on your starter motor - might be a touch loose from a previous service or mod install etc.
    Check grounds on gearbox , and negative isn't loose on battery. Starter motor clicking is the solenoid but doesn't mean it's bad.
    It might be the battery or connections to and from it too.

take starter motor out go to any auto elect n get them to test it, sometimes the starter still turns but doesnt come out far enough to crank the motor (faulty).

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like the starter is shagged

Member Array
    As others said, it seems like the starter.

If the starter starts making the clicking noise more consistently, try knocking on it with a long screwdriver ~ some people might not approve, but if it starts the car, it's more than likely the starter's the culprit and you'll be replacing it anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Yeah the starter was shagged, also my engine earth wasnt that great so I re-did it. Starts perfectly now.