Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

buying an integra !

hey guys,

as you may know already, i posted up a thread previously about wanting to buy a type R.

i have looked at a few already (2 dc5r and 1 dc2r) and was not satisfied.

my budget is up to about 15k, at the moment only 12ish.

looking around in the market, i see so many dreamers, high km dc5R no service history asking for 17.5 and ive seen a few that were good price under 15k but i get there and was disappointed.

anyway im here for your advice guys,

i am looking at 2 different tegs,

1st:

99 dc2R 2nd owner log books till 2011 131000km , but the km difference from then till now is reasonable seing the mileage per year over the years.
    this is going for about 12k. black with red interior.

2nd:

i just saw a red dc5r 03 model, second owner ( dont think he is certain because he said "as far as he is aware" but i could check it before i buy).
    he said he owned it for 2.5 years and bought it from an auction as repairable write of because of slight hit to back bumper but has had everything fixed. he seems like a family guy said the reason for sale is expanding family had to buy family car etc. 135000km (not sure if he has log books, in the process of contacting him).

i really prefer the dc5r over a dc2r but i thought id settle with the dc2 in this case because it seemed nice but after seing the dc5 this morning it caught my attention.

it is red with black interior asking for 14.5 but seems very negotiable say at least 12k for example then itll be same price as the dc2.

what are your opinions guys ? would you recommend me to buy this car that was once a write of or ?

Dc5r k-series best series, test drive it see if the back rattles, put the back seats down while u drive

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    check dc5 engine mounts,they commonly fail

i would rather the dc5 ! but i want to ask then forums opinion on buying this car that was once written of, it is a car that i plan to keep for 4 years or so and dont want any drama. do you guys think i should go for it even though it was once hit, what stuff should i check and how should i check it. thanx jongnie and ekvtir i will test that stuff out. how could i test the engine mounts ?

isnt that the suspension ?

come on guys, can i get some opinions on buying a car that was once repairable write of ?

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    OP i noticed your reasoning mainly rely's on the budget and km's mainly.
    How about personal taste. ?
    Drive them both... while Price and Km's are important. And im not saying they are not.

Type R's can only be experienced in the DRIVE

DC2R can feel really raw and noisy
    DC5's can feel refined as in being newer... the interior design is alot newer.

Just even things like that can be deciding factors to some to choose which they prefer.

Last edited by Snoop_gee; 27-06-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    It takes more than a slight hit to the rear to make a DC5R a write off. I wouldn't go near that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    OP i noticed your reasoning mainly rely's on the budget and km's mainly.
    How about personal taste. ?
    Drive them both... while Price and Km's are important. And im not saying they are not.

Type R's can only be experienced in the DRIVE

DC2R can feel really raw and noisy
    DC5's can feel refined as in being newer... the interior design is alot newer.

Just even things like that can be deciding factors to some to choose which they prefer.

i drove a dc5 and loved it, i like the shape more than dc2, i drove a dc2 but dont think it could help me decide as i think maybe something was wrong with it couldnt hear or feel the crossover. im basically saing i love dc5s more than dc2 from the start, but i know i could get the dc2 to grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    It takes more than a slight hit to the rear to make a DC5R a write off. I wouldn't go near that car.
    i guess you are right in some way, but then again all it takes is slight hail damage to make a car a write off so you never know..

you know theres a black dc2r with plates R473DR. Was pretty known in the honda community.

just thought you should know