Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    very inflated for that sort of coin you could build and motor plus get a good turbo kit,
    but to turbo a Honda isn't exactly cheap either.
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    12k for a basic turbo build with no engine rebuilding!!?!?! fukkn epic of a joke!!!!

For 12k you coulda built a boosted honda engine, B or D series with atleast 400 - 500 hp, not a low puff 200 - 300 hp!!!!!!!

Who ever decided to say 12k was ok for 250 - 300hp would b laughing at the next guy who put the money down for the kit!
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 07-07-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    it would be hard to build a 500hp b or d for 12k.
    you would need a sleeved fully built motor which would sent you back 10gs,then the turbo kit to make that power would be 10gs.
    then add in tuning and engineer cert trust me im in the middle of building a 400hp bseries now and I have spent a lot more then 12gs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Turbo kit to support 500whp is $4.5-$5k. Fuel system would be another $2-$3k. ECU and tune $1k+ then exaust &amp; motor, really depends how far you wanna go.

Could get 500hp for $15k if done right
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    you would be pushing for 15k labour is 3.5/4gs and if you don't have a bseries 2gs for a halfcut.
    and for that power you need a sleeved motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Where did u get the figure for a 10k turbo kit? LOL, as josh pointed out 5k is more than enough imo, unless ur running a twin scroll turbo, with custom manifold tailored for it, than i can see why

if u know how use a spanner and a ratchet u could save hella alot of money on labor.... the only thing i wouldnt touch is opening the motor up an trying to diy the engine rebuild, but everything else, pulling, attaching turbz etc etc can be done at home so realistically 15k for 500hp is very possible..

Though since u are tryna get the thing engineered, thats a different story altogether, props for u tryna do it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    You can have a twin scroll turbo kit landed for $5k

$15k can be done if some of the work is done yourself, otherwise $20k would be a realistic price for drive in drive out
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

yeh thats a lot of coin for not much gear...

Quote Originally Posted by stalis View Post
    hey guys, im new to this forum and i was wondering if my xtreme sports organic stage 1 clutch able to withstand the task of a turbo, ill be running around 5psi, since i dont plan on getting any forged internals or an aftermarket ecu atm, what do you guys think about this? the car is a 96 dc2 vti-r, and what kind of turbo kits do you guys recommend, i was planing to get a ebay kit since i have quite a low budget due to uni and what not, looking to spend around $700
    A good second hand turbo will cost around $300 from a wrecker (VG30 or some such). Then you can buy a cheap ebay manifold (but you will have to tig up supports for it and it will have a shelf life). Then you will need oil feed and oil drain (again welding, this time into the sump) and you will need another small misc stuff.

I SUPPOSE you could do it for $700, but you'd have to have great mechanical skills, great welding skills and know the possible problems (eg staying low boost so you dont blow your head gasket).