Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Civic GLi

Just got my first car, a 2005 Civic GLi! Have a few questions

Hi folks, pretty stoked I just got my first car as above and have a couple of questions I was wondering if you could help me out with.

1. I want to learn a bit about the car and want to pick up a service manual. Found the Haynes ones on eBay and in Supercheap auto but not sure if it is the right one. The book for the 01 to 05 Civic says it covers the 1.4L and the 1.6L petrol engines however my car (http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2005-honda-civic-7th-gen-70631?R=70631&Silo=spec&Vertical=car&Ridx=3&eapi=2) has the 1.7L. Any ideas on which book I need?

2. Seat covers. All the universal fit ones look crappy and I can't seem to find nice custom ones. Any ideas on where to get nice ones? I'm happy to pay good money for some nice seat covers.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Hey mate welcome to ozhonda

Hope I can help ya out

1. You should be able to download a copy of the helm guide either from here(not sure if there is a link in sticky) or a quick google. No need to buy one

2. A lot of the set covers you look at can be custom made to suit your car, but they aren't cheap. Just ask at the counter who makes them to suit your car.
    You can always look on ebay, they can make leather covers that look stock.
    It all comes back down to what your plans are for the car and if you thing you might change the hole seat later on
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Civic GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 2BSEEN View Post
    Hey mate welcome to ozhonda

Hope I can help ya out

1. You should be able to download a copy of the helm guide either from here(not sure if there is a link in sticky) or a quick google. No need to buy one

2. A lot of the set covers you look at can be custom made to suit your car, but they aren't cheap. Just ask at the counter who makes them to suit your car.
    You can always look on ebay, they can make leather covers that look stock.
    It all comes back down to what your plans are for the car and if you thing you might change the hole seat later on
    Thanks

I tried having a look for the manual on here but couldn't find anything that seemed to fit the 2005 Civic GLi with this 1.7L engine. I would rather have a book to be honest but a PDF would suffice.

Had a look at loads of covers not sure where to go to get custom made ones though? Supercheap Auto just have the standard range of universal fits and those for Falcodores. I definitely won't be changing the whole seats but I think an investment in really nice covers should be worthwhile. Know any brands/stores/people to contact who could help me out here?

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Most brands make custom seat covers but ask for a book on what they can order in.
    Try repco, autobarn and so on, because they all use different brands

Try this link for helms guid
    http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/do...hp?do=cat&id=3
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Civic GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 2BSEEN View Post
    Most brands make custom seat covers but ask for a book on what they can order in.
    Try repco, autobarn and so on, because they all use different brands

Try this link for helms guid
    http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/do...hp?do=cat&id=3
    Oh I didn't know the normal auto stores could do that. I'll have to find out! Thanks. I found the site Motoequipe that seem to have a good range of floor mats, dash mats and seat covers. Might end up getting some from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Nice!

Got plans for the car?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Civic GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Nice!

Got plans for the car?
    Not too much at the moment, it's just my first car so I just want to take really good care of it haha. There is a small chip on the wing mirror paint and a scuff near the rear wheel arch which is about $200 to fix which isn't bad. Probably get that fixed up, some nice seat covers, dash mat and floor mats, give it a good clean and that'll be all for now. Maybe some rims down the track and a shiny gold Honda badge on the front and back haha. Can't imagine there is much one could do with the engine on this thing so I guess I'll leave that.

Btw here is a pic for anyone interested. And yes the balloon DID come with the car.
    Last edited by frostee; 02-07-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    mmm yeah you're right about the engine, the d17's were a bit awkward.

All the best!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    You'll be surprised. I have seen some people mod the d17 and get good mixed results. There's a turbo one in melbourne rocking a nice kit
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Happy to hear that you're interested in learning about your first car and trying to learn it out school way by reading books.

So FYI, if you're ever interested for parts for your civic you can use the following website:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...Q&year_53=2005

You can obtain the following information:
    • Exploded diagrams of components
    • Part numbers

To use this website, you just need sign up. Don't need to make purchases but good information.