Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar

cl9 vs lux. worth upgrading?

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 euro in graphite. Im thinking about upgrading to a luxury model of the same facelift era, preferably in black.

First question is, I had a brief look at a luxury before I bought this one and I didnt fit comfortably because of the sunroof. Now after the fact it occurs to me that im only a bit over 6'1 and perhaps the seat could be lowered from where it was. Does anybody here own a cl9 lux who is taller and fits fine?

If so, is it worth upgrading? Purely from a quality of life perspective, no issues mechanically. I want to get into some modifications and think it may be a better starting point, in black with the sunroof tilted it is a symphony of evil. Also I would like hids as my lights are really more to let other people know im there rather than show me the road right now. I know I can buy bulbs but im weighing things up.

I'm 6'2" and own a CL9 lux.

However, I sit in it like a lebo with the seat reclined beyond what would be considered safe.

Yeah get the upgrade if u can comfortably afford it. I prefer the facelift CL9s too.
    Last edited by axispower; 03-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Yeah the price difference between lux and not isnt that high anymore. Good for me I guess. Next time il have a much more thorough look into it, I was very rushed when I had my first sit in one. I saw and interesting post on here about covering up the woodgrain with black (vellum?) looked pretty nice compared to woodgrain which I hate.

As an owner, how is the quality of the leather? Id noticed the black leather quite often looks awful on carsales.com pictures. Coluld just be the light or bad examples though.

The leather on mine is great. I could sleep in it. I condition it every week.

I test drove a few others- and on some the leather was ****ed. Ripped and hard and cracked- but mine is soft and smooth. The best way to know is to sit in the particular one I guess.

I like the woodgrain a lot- especially in the black and white and maroon coloured euros. They turn me on with the creme de la creme leather combination.

My euro has black leather and that "black woodgrain" and it is adequate. Still nice.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Forgetting one of the best features, auto dimming mirror! Love that thing. Only thing actually miss when driving my brother's 07 Limited Edition euro compared to my 06 Lux.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Ooh and auto wipers

Only if you can find one with a cared for interior and not lose out too much $. Cloth > fukd leather imo. Less maintenance also
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    +1 for upgrading. Heated seats, unreal headlights, blinkers, pockets etc etc. And as far as I know the luxury also has the sports models suspension under it. I have an 05 lux and love it
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    Oh and 6' 3" and built like a brick shit house. No problems with sitting pretty straight. Seat can be ramped up and down with the electric controls
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    Upgrade!!!
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    5'11" here and I have about 2 fingers clearance between the headliner next to the sunroof with the seat on the lowest setting.

If you don't like the woodgrain, or the beige interior, you can find 2007 onwards nighthawk black CL9's with black interior and faux metallic trim.

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by eurogo View Post
    Oh and 6' 3" and built like a brick shit house. No problems with sitting pretty straight. Seat can be ramped up and down with the electric controls
    Any pics of your euro? I have an 05 Lux in Canberra as well.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU