Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED6

How much to get rear trailing arm bushes replaced on EK1 ?

Hi guys, looking at getting rear trailing arm bushes replaced on my ek1, just wondering how much normally cost for labour charge? any workshop would you guys recommend? I'm from central coast but wouldn't mind to make a trip for good place

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    friend did his one for $200~ with wheel alignment, he provided the rta bushing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    times where ive done this you dont even need to take the RTA off... just hit the old bushing out with a dead blow hammer, with the same dead blow hammer hit the new ones in.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Rang Honda other day each bushing was ~$165.00
    Eeeek

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yeah, they aint cheap n8 some hardrace ones may be worth a look, i personaly would avoid other brands as several dont alow for lateral moment which the rta needs

if your mechanically savvy, you can buy the bushings from ebay for $45 posted, and knock out the bushings with a hammer. $45 fix!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    are they made of cheddar cheese?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8
    I think i was quoted $300. Whether that was per wheel or for one I dont know...
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

ive never heard of hammering a trailing arm bush out. Ive used a small purpose built press to get it out and in again before

You need to be fairly accurate putting the new bus back in - it needs to be indexed otherwise this will prematurely wear the bush.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Would be 2 hours labour $180-200 labour and whatever ontop for your bushings.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6
    Thanks for all the inputs guys,

I'm still looking as my local mechanic never done it before and he was talking like he has to pull the whole arm out and press the bush out on the bench.

he wasn't sure about putting the bushes in as my car lowered (as bennjamin mentioned)

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by subie View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs guys,

I'm still looking as my local mechanic never done it before and he was talking like he has to pull the whole arm out and press the bush out on the bench.

he wasn't sure about putting the bushes in as my car lowered (as bennjamin mentioned)

Thanks guys

If your mech has half a brain , some paper and pencils and a ruler you can actually work out the exact angle to insert the new bush vs the standard orientation.