Car:
    Oldschool EF
    i reckon its your o2 sensor
    because this is what happens to me.
    Sometimes it doesnt happen..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    How hard would it be to install a new/used Oxygen sensor? Is it just plug job? Or will I need to solder stuff? Will I need to reset the ECU or anything?

I would do it myself if its simple enough, and as long as theres no chance I can stuff up any of the electrical stuff.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    Can anyone give me a picture of the oxygen sensor so I know exactly what it is, I can see the little black wire connecting to the exhaust manifold. Is the sensor actually on the manifold, or does that wire connect to it and the sensor sits somewhere else?

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    the wire you see is the wire for the sensor ... the sensor is screwed to the 4-2 section (the cast piece) of your exhaust manifold... you will need a size 22 spanner to remove it ... you may also find it hard to get to with the headers still installed in the car.

email me at steve@proecu.com and I can email you a pic... I dont have any server space to host anymore pics sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    im putting down for the o2 sensor as well. Used to have that problem on my GENONE, it actually made the car run BAD, over fueling etc.. but once ignition was reset it was fine for a while.

Since you dont to any of this stuff yourself, i'd recommending taking it to someone who knows how to do it... although it would be good to learn, I just think that first time you should go elsewhere and if you can stand close enough to the man doing the job just observe... you will then know in the future how to do it yourself.

but yeah - im putting my 'money' on the o2 sensor (5c) LOL
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    ok thank you all very much for the help, i know exactly where the O2 sensor is now.

If it is the O2 sensor, why is it i get no engine check light sometimes, but then other times i get the engine check light?

Also, just wondering, its ok to use BP Ultimate in my car isnt it? Or should I be using regular? Or do I need to get stuff adjusted for the better fuel?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    just about the use of high octane petrol, there isn't any reason why you can't.

but if your car has travelled a fair bit on regular unleaded then i think it'd be better if you stuck with it.

besides, i don't really think it'll be much different. depending on how you drive that is.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    doesnt matter if you have been using regular unleaded. just replace the sensor, reset the ECU and keep filling up with BP ultimate

btw what state u located? also check out the crxaus forums at http://crxaustralia.hondata.com.au/c...ex.php?act=idx
    the main page is down atm but hopefully soon that will be fixed, anyway u can access the forums from that link.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your O2 sensor should be mounted on the exhaust manifold, you need a special tool to remove it, but there are other ways of getting it out with out the tool. the reson the MIL comes on after you have driven for a while is because PGMFI system donsnt refeer to the O2 while the engine is cold, also the single wire O2 sensor only works once the exhaust gasses have heated the sensor to operational temp, newer O2 sensors have a heater built in to help warm the sensor up to operating temperature quicker.

sounds like to me your code is code 1. if you want to see what code 10 looks like unplug your IAT ( Intake Air Temp ) and start your engine, then you will generate code 10 in your ecu, tuen your engine off plug back in your IAT and unplug your battery for 10 to 15 seconds to reset the ECU.