Member Array
    Car:
    ek1

Double din for DC5R

Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying a double din system to replace my stock crap head unit in my DC5R..I don't know anything about car systems and need advice on which one would be best suited. I'm after a simple face (e.g. AVH-P4350DVD) with features such as GPS, DIVX, USB, AUX, BT and CV/DVD. My price range is 200-400.

Could someone give me advice on which one should I buy that fits my price range? I had a look at ebay and the branded double dins with BT and GPS etc are over my budget. Should I look at generic brands?

Thanks in advance

200-400 can get you a good Pioneer/JVC/kenwood/sony with all the mentioned features besides GPS

I got a JVC KW-av50 cos its the cheapest touch screen double with a rear USB. front usb looks messy. around $300 i think. the KW-AV50BT or 60BT, forgot has the bluetooth for an extra 50 or 100 bucks or something like that

stay away from that china shit, laggy as fuk
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Thanks bro. I'll look into it.

Is there any difference between sound quality with the brands? For example, would a Pioneer double din sound better than Kenwood?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Thanks for the advice ppl.

I've narrowed it down to the 2 Pioneer listed below:

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS (367.62) OR Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (319.99). These prices are from Amazon and are the cheapest compared to Ebay prices. They're very similar in terms of features and functions. Looks-wise they're the same. Does anyone have these in their car atm?