2nd generation GE Auto clarification

Hi all

Wanted to clarify the configurations of 2nd gen Aussie GE Jazz's post 08+. Reading online and even Hondas on specs don't reveal much.

Firstly I know the engines available are as follows

GLI spec : L13A
    VTI/VTIS spec: L15A

Manual transmission is easy as well,
    Just a standard 5speed.

Auto is where it differs. I know GD Jazz's are CVT. but from my research it seems that GE's have gone back to traditional 5speed auto boxes.

Take for eg my 09 GLI which has the below shift pattern

1, 2, D3, D, N, R, P

Then I notice that 09 VTIS models have the below pattern.

S, D, N, R, P

I'm fairly certain that the latter pattern pertains to a CVT box and the paddle shifters confirm it too.

So when Honda states that all of the 09 models are 5 speed automatics , I find it abit misleading. For eg servicing: cvt and auto boxes use different fluids.

Anyone to comment?

The above is targeted at earlier GE models 08-10. I see the MY13 models with paddles so I assume they are cvt too.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    All Aussie-spec GE Jazz 2008-2013 come in either 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control.

No they do not come with the CVT auto gearbox that the old GD Jazz utilized.

Hence the different transmission oils depending on application.

Only the GE VTi-S (1.5 5AT), Vibe (1.3 5AT) & Vibe S (1.5 5AT) come with Paddle Shifters.
    I SiR = Sport injection Racing