Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

The sound of a DC5

Hey guys,

Last night i drove my friends FN2 civic type R, i absolutely fell in love! One thing that particularly caught my attention was the noise, it was absolutely silent until the revs got towards vtec.

This got me thinking, is there anyway i could make my dc5r similar in that regard? Through exhaust setup etc?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    video is private, my current set up is injen CAI, X-force Stainless Steel Headers/Cat, Custom B-pipe and Greddy Tic Axleback

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    pod filter short ram

Quote Originally Posted by dagher23q View Post
    video is private, my current set up is injen CAI, X-force Stainless Steel Headers/Cat, Custom B-pipe and Greddy Tic Axleback
    Almost everything you have has the opposite affect you're after...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Almost everything you have has the opposite affect you're after...
    LOL i know, hence i wanna change it

Well the Intake will be a constant noise so that'll have to go... Stock Airbox + Piping w/ Panel Filter [K&N for example]

Exhaust wise I'm unsure of the characteristics of your setup but Fujitsubo Legalis-R and RM01A are pretty quiet till your give it same as TODA High Power to an extent.

Headers and Hi-Flow CAT shouldn't make THAT much of a difference... But it still makes it louder overall...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Well the Intake will be a constant noise so that'll have to go... Stock Airbox + Piping w/ Panel Filter [K&N for example]

Exhaust wise I'm unsure of the characteristics of your setup but Fujitsubo Legalis-R and RM01A are pretty quiet till your give it same as TODA High Power to an extent.

Headers and Hi-Flow CAT shouldn't make THAT much of a difference... But it still makes it louder overall...
    Ill look into it, i've been recommended a mugen twin loop? thoughts?

Mugen Twin Loop similar to FGK Legalis-R so you're in good hands =)

Mugrn twin loop is very very quite. Rm01a had a nice tone to it. I had a toda on my car and that sounds amazing. Quiet when you want but when you open up the throttle the sound is just amazing. Reason i have it for sale now as ive got a titanium amuse r1 which is quite loud. If you want sonething nice you cant go past the powergetter, toda or rm01a. The spoon n1 is quite loud id say its louder than the amuse. But then again ive got toda headers and gruppe m intake as well

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    What's your friends set up?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by fh93 View Post
    What's your friends set up?
    Stock lol