Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Til someone stripped out the interior
    And put in 4-1 headers :P hahaha
    yeh until i put scrape everywhere headers, and removed the sound deadener.

Member Array
    sweet ! thanks yall for the tips haha. i tihnk ill just do as suggested n go cai/zort, also i really like the sound of suspension mods.

would be nice to beable to throw a car around corners once in a while.. (weekend warrior is a boat...straight lines only lol)

i read up on here bout SRI/CAI... if im right the SRI with an airbox of somesort wouldbe best for response yeah ? dont really care bout mid range etc as i think i wont be turboing it or doing a swap anytime soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    a well designed SRI with a cold air feed would be your bet i think.
    or a CAI, anything other than the standard pipe with all the chambers

Member Array
    iv got a under guard CAI on the other car n im not that much of a fan of it to be honest, infact im changing it over to an airbox/intake pod/pipe settup lol...not entirely sure which is better with N/As tho !!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    suply of cold air is optimum, without being restrictive.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Gratz on the purchase. Any pics?

First thing I would do is service it, new oil, oil filter, fuel filter and inspect spark plugs and change if needed. Other things like brake, clutch and gearbox fluid if its black.

As for mods, go with a short ram of some sort with an enclosed box and a cold air feed from the bumper.
    Or you could go with the stock airbox, k&n panel filter, removal of resonator and add a cold air feed.

Member Array
    thanks duzy, to be honest the car needs a few lil things fixed to pass its RWC. all thats underway as we speak haha. seriously cannot believe im wanting to mod the "daily" hahaha

ill get some pics of it when i get it back etc.

will look into the SRI with cold air feed from the bumper, by this do u mean like cut out slot / modify the front bar abit so it forces cold air ?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    No need to modify the front bar, just get one of those flexi pipes from bunnings or some auto stores and zip tag it to the middle grill bit

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Skunk where abouts in Melb are you located?

Instead of wasting money on a few killerwasps, put a set of coilovers in it, a good set of brake pads, decent tyres and front/rear swaybars & camber arms and you will enjoy the car so much more, as you seem to have a weekend car that will do a million miles an hour in a straight line already
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ^^^ this guy is correct.
    dont bother modding the engine at this point work on handling and brake mods first.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Agree also. Tyres first, then coilovers/swaybars.

Brake pads or just a complete upgrade to 262mm rotors would be nice

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Skunk where abouts in Melb are you located?

Instead of wasting money on a few killerwasps, put a set of coilovers in it, a good set of brake pads, decent tyres and front/rear swaybars & camber arms and you will enjoy the car so much more, as you seem to have a weekend car that will do a million miles an hour in a straight line already
    Hey mate im in cranbourne.
    sound advice, thanks so much for everyones input ! haha million miles an hr not exactly, but goes good i guess ! haha..wish the the kms per tank was just as good but i spose we cant have it both ways hahah. i might have to come down & see u stndrd !